What Interconnect?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for an interconnect for my Rega Apollo and Rega Mira3 with...you guessed it...Rega r5 speakers. Anyway I have demd the: Chord Chameleon - nice but a bit uncontrolled at the low end and lacking detail; Nordost Blue Heaven - love the detail but far to bright at top end; Nordost Baldur - love it but different price level and nothing to compare too. The trouble is I have more or less decided to go to the next price level of around £300 but not sure what else to try before buying the baldur(or not). Part of me says if I like it just go for it, other part says maybe I should try a few others.

I have been trying these various cables for a month now and feel that I could go on forever. Any thoughts of others to try? Or any experience of baldur vs similar?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Firstly great system
emotion-21.gif

and secondly, don't worry too much about interconnects
emotion-2.gif
just sit back and enjoy one of the best system at this price range.

A

Anonymous

chord company chorus.Has the attack of the nordost but a bit more weight and a smoother treble.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, the Rega kit is great, suits my taste perfectly. Spent many an hour testing many a combo before a chance encounter put the rega in front of me...seriously good kit.

Fear not I am not getting hung up on interconnects but the three I mentioned made the whole system sound very different. To be honest I quite enjoy trying different cables etc. Some days I just sit back and enjoy a good musical feast, others I am in the mood for analysing/improving.

I am trying to get hold of a Chorus to try, I have heard good reviews so will certainly give it a whirl. Must admit the baldur can still be a little harsh at the top end on some tracks...think its a nordost thing from what I can gather. All good fun.

A

Anonymous

I agree.......great set up! I have to say I think you're right to spend time over the interconnects.......minor detail in cables at this level of hifi can make a real audible difference. I noticed the same with my set up.....to the point where the cables took longer to sort out than the components themselves. I'm a fan of the atlas cables.........I compared the Navigator with Chorus and Chameleon.........found the atlas XLRs much better.......tighter bass, more clarity, and not so mid-heavy which was a feature of the chord stuff in my system (in particular the Chameleon)....Not impressed with the chameleon (have a 1m XLR lying around if anyone wants it!)

A

Anonymous

Evening. I would go for the Baldur, you know it makes sense, but you're not trying it on my system as you won't get it back. So when you getting a pair of Exons then?

A

Anonymous

I had a Chord Cham Silevr and could tell no discerable difference beween it and a Gotham (off Ebay £12.50). It is however more clearer than a QED Qunex 4, immeasuably better than some scabby Profigolds (about £30), and overall better than Monster M850i, and a few other non-branded stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts