Question what integrated amp for turntable and tv

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pnouvell

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm looking to upgrade my old amplifier I have an Onkyo A9155
I listen to Music mainly from my turntable a thorens TD145 with a garrot K3 .
As speakers I've got some bookshelves Cabasse MT3 antigua .
'I would like an amp to connect also my TV , with a phono integrated, Bluetooth would be nice.

For now I've got :
Nad 3020 V2
Nad 3045
audiolab A6000A
PS audiosprout 100
Marantz NR1200
Nad c338

It's difficult to find a shop to test this in my area .
I've got a budget around 700

Do you think I'm better going down on my budget on the amp and getting a separate phono stage ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

gasolin

Nothing wrong with a marantz PM6006 and a Cambridge CXA60 ,even when they are not that expensive.

When somebody uses a PM6006 with B&W 603, thats just indicates that a PM6006 is a good amp, if op wants to use the phonostage in the amp or a seperate phonostage, that's up to op.

Personally i like to buy an amp or what i want to upgrade, and then optimize, tweak it, instead of buying the higher model and keep it almost 100% stock

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxB0_i_pMA4

Last edited:

scene

Having read through the threads, I'd add my personal thoughts:
1. Marantz amps tend to sound a little warmer than Denon, and at the lower end of their respective ranges, Denon make more compromises to meet a price bracket than Marantz do. Tends to mean you can get cheaper Denon than Marantz, but the cheaper Denons have.lower audio quality. Having said all this, Denon & Marantz are made by the same company (even before D+M were taken over) so some shared heritage...
2. For pure stereo, I think the pm6006 shades the nr1200. But, if you want the extra functionality to connect to a TV, airplay, sub outs, integration with Alexa/Google/Siri then this may offset the slight loss of audio quality. It is a personal choice...
3. Arcams are incredibly musical amps, and I love them (still have my A85), they are let down a bit by their software, which can be frustrating. The a39 is a great amp.

pnouvell

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks a lot for all the responses . I didn't see your answers until now.
I finally went a shop to get advice from and my choice is the Marantz Nr1200.
I like the evolution of it, the Nr1200 check every box.

I know i could have gone with different choices with separate solutions but i like the all in one system.

I'll give my feed back with more listening.

thanks again for the advice

Reactions: insider9 and sonic1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts