What if there was a mass sky cancelation?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If 70 to 80 % of sky viewers cancelled there sky subscriptions how long would it take sky to ride out the storm before they went under?

I know it will never happen but wow if it did then power to the people and more bargaining power on expensive subsriptions.

Its a shame that when joe public is getting ripped off with petrol prices and sky prices e.t.c that they dident all get there heads together and boycot them to force lower prices.

Ahhhh one can dream.

A

Anonymous

AGREE TOTALY!

As my other post about pubs points out, how much money do these morons want?

Greed is greed and these forums are flooded with complaints about Sky in general.
If anyone else wants come on these forums with complaints about Sky why dont they vote with there wallets and tell them to JAM IT!

I did!

A

Anonymous

And the same for their installation "engineers" as well. I has Sky+HD installed yesterday (and had to pay £30 for the pleasure, even though the dish and cabling was there from my existing Sky+ subscription). The guy just didn't have a clue. First, I had to tell him to change the LNB quad (the other one had been there for donkeys years and I did not want it to go wrong outside the enforced 12 month Sky+ HD warranty period). Second, he didn't pair my existing viewing card to the Sky+ HD box. I had to call Sky myself to do this and be put on hold for ages (and told to wait for up to four hours - nb it configured in about 2 mins, I suspect if you wait 4 hours it isn't going to work). Third, he didn't configure the remote control to my television - I had to show him how to do this as he said it couldn't be done (I have a brand new Sony 40z4500! read the instructions mate). Finally, he couldn't get a signal from one of the input leads, and I had to remind him of recording 2 progs at the same time to force the connection to go through (surprise surprise it worked after that). Utterly useless, its obvious that Sky pay their engineers peanuts and guess what the customer gets! I'm just bothered for customers who know a little bit less of the installation process than what previous Sky experience has taught me.

A

Anonymous

bulloy:how much money do these morons want? Greed is greed...

Sky aren't run by morons but by business execs. They spent/bidded an awful lot of money (£1,000,000,000.00+) just to be able to broadcast some football live. Now they expect YOU (I ain't mad enough eheh...
emotion-4.gif
) to pay to watch said footie. As well as public houses to pay to show for those without Sky at home.

Personally, I blame them for ruining "good old football" by bringing billions of pounds on the table and for turning the professional players into overpaid prima donnas with inflated egos and wallets.

A

Anonymous

momo72:
bulloy:how much money do these morons want? Greed is greed...

Sky aren't run by morons but by business execs. They spent/bidded an awful lot of money (£1,000,000,000.00+) just to be able to broadcast some football live. Now they expect YOU (I ain't mad enough eheh...
emotion-4.gif
) to pay to watch said footie. As well as public houses to pay to show for those without Sky at home.

Personally, I blame them for ruining "good old football" by bringing billions of pounds on the table and for turning the professional players into overpaid prima donnas with inflated egos and wallets.

So what do they do with the revenue created from advertisments then, they are the only major company benefiting from a surge in advertisers leaving ITV etc, and create billions a year from this alone.

I am not anti-SKY, there service (at times) is second to none but with no major competition they can charge what they like, As for there customer service!!!! thats another matter!

PS it doesn't mean they are not morons and we do have the best football in the world anyway !

A

Anonymous

Here's an interesting thought. What is Sky dropped their subscription prices because programming costs are falling? Huh? Say what?
You heard me. The cost of acquiring (and increasingly - producing) programmes is falling. Ad revenues are down 20,30,40% depending on who you believe and commercial broadcasters are cutting costs (ITV, anybody?) and are passing that drop in revenues onto suppliers. They're paying less for movies. Less for series. Less for post-production. Less to the staff who remain.
Yes, I know that Sky (and other broadcasters) are into long-term output deals with set prices, but I also know that re-negotiation is the name of the game at the moment.
Oh, and I also know that there's no way that Sky are going to do this. They're in the heroin game. Get us hooked and keep jacking up the price.....
(Sport, btw, is another matter altogether. Prices for that are more stable, currently, but will fall. Just like seemingly impervious and overly-inflated London house prices have done)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts