What HiFi Awards

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone wake up this morning to an email from Richer Sounds telling you a lot of the What HiFi Awards winners? Is this normal before anything officially released from What HiFI themselves?

D

Deleted member 2457

lesmallett said:
Anyone wake up this morning to an email from Richer Sounds telling you a lot of the What HiFi Awards winners? Is this normal before anything officially released from What HiFI themselves?

No, and I am still yet to receive my mag either! I never understand the need for the delay of the awards mag.

Are you going to name them then? :?

D

Deleted member 2457

John Duncan said:
http://awards.whathifi.com/

:cheers:

Clean sweep for Panasonic plasma TVs, it had to be. I wonder what will win next year though? :O

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
lesmallett said:

Yes, me too. Very odd. Did Richers publish too early? Did WSV foul up and not announce the winners early enough? I see the Awards are finally published on the site: clearly the old 9-5 is alive and well and living on WSV! :rofl:

Or are the Awards now 'in association with...' to such an extent that Richers get to announce them first?

gel said:
I never understand the need for the delay of the awards mag.

money-saved-in-piggy-bank.jpg

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Arcam A19 would win best amp. pity they could not buy a Creek 50A to review, sounds like ahollow victory to me. Even that freelancer managed to get one.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No Real shocks in there at all seems a very familiar line up.
B&W seem to have the style home cinema speaker package crown back this year with Yamaha taking the av receiver crown. Sorry if that's a spoiler

lesmallett

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a criticism of What HiFi but the awards seem a little F1. Slightly different chassis names from last year but very similar results.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
lesmallett said:
This isn't a criticism of What HiFi but the awards seem a little F1. Slightly different chassis names from last year but very similar results.

Does all seem a bit low-risk, doesn't it? Mind you, with the cover saying

AWARDS_COVER.jpg

I'm looking forward to the announcement, presumably later today, of the awards for best cameras, computers, gaming consoles, cars – Stuff like that :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS