What Hi-Fi?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My first option at that price would be the AVI ADM9RSS speakers (£1375) with the matching AVI 10" subwoofer (£800).

My second option would be the Quested S7R speakers with grills (£1450) together with the matching Quested SB10 10" subwoofer (£1500).

Both are exellent 'active' systems. Just add the source of your choice and you'd have a near unbeatable setup. 8)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
altruistic.lemon said:
Yeah, fine, but if you don't like the sound of the speakers, you've bought cr*p !

+1

No. You have bought a good pair of speakers that you don't like.

As I have said many times, all opinions are not equal, some people do not have a clue but give their opinions anyway, often quite blissfully unaware of the rubbish they are spouting.

I little earlier in the thread I suggested a different way of spending the OP's £5k using components a little off the mainstream, no one made any suggestions that these components might not be liked (by someone, not sure who) and therefore "cr*p".

Then the moment an active solution is suggested we get the above sh*t.

Credit the OP with a little common sense, he is not going to buy any system that does not fit his criteria, whatever that might be, and I am sure that an audition of some sort would be arranged before spending several thousand pounds.

T

the record spot

See some common cold remedies' ingredients bought over the counter...!

danny86

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
My first option at that price would be the AVI ADM9RSS speakers (£1375) with the matching AVI 10" subwoofer (£800).

My second option would be the Quested S7R speakers with grills (£1450) together with the matching Quested SB10 10" subwoofer (£1500).

Both are exellent 'active' systems. Just add the source of your choice and you'd have a near unbeatable setup. 8)

I would recommend staying away from AVI, drivers blew up for me in about 1 year, which, for the price, is unacceptable.

T

the record spot

I hear their customer service is very good. Plus you have the Sale of Goods Act that gives you some protection. So rubbishing AVI on the back of one experience is a tad strong. Didn't you get them checked over?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
the record spot said:
I hear their customer service is very good. Plus you have the Sale of Goods Act that gives you some protection. So rubbishing AVI on the back of one experience is a tad strong. Didn't you get them checked over?

IIRC he isn't in the UK, and wasn't prepared to take AVI's offer to have them checked over due to the outlay in shipping and the belief that he shouldn't have to pay anything. The thread then fell into a heated discussion as to what a manufacturer should do in such a situation, with one camp arguing AVI had been very reasonable, and the other camp arguing that AVI should've immediately offered to indemnify him completely before making an assesment as to whether it was a faulty driver or he had overdriven them and damaged them himself.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
danny86 said:
steve_1979 said:

I would recommend staying away from AVI, drivers blew up for me in about 1 year, which, for the price, is unacceptable.

I believe you were offered new drivers at cost price which would have been cheaper than sending your speakers back to the UK from Romania? Which you declined.

T

the record spot

ID. said:
the record spot said:

IIRC he isn't in the UK, and wasn't prepared to take AVI's offer to have them checked over due to the outlay in shipping and the belief that he shouldn't have to pay anything. The thread then fell into a heated discussion as to what a manufacturer should do in such a situation, with one camp arguing AVI had been very reasonable, and the other camp arguing that AVI should've immediately offered to indemnify him completely before making an assesment as to whether it was a faulty driver or he had overdriven them and damaged them himself.

Oh it was that one? Okay. Gotcha.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
hmmm, a gyrodec plus a sudgen a21e and some vienna acoustics, try to audition that lot together if u can. im off to google if thats even possible in the uk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts