What Hi-Fi Team - Any plans to review the Acoustic Energy Radiance 3?

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
The Radiance 1s are in the April issue that goes on sale next week. After that, it's a question of getting through the range as thoroughly as possible.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
No-one heard the 3's unfortunately! We had a pair we intended to use on static display in rotation with the Radiance 2's - while they were at the back of the room someone snapped the tweeter phase-plug, I presume intentionally as it's pretty darn hard to do! (never broken one, or heard of a broken one in the 5-6 years we've used the ring-radiators).

As Simon said, they've got the full package bar the 2's which are still about six weeks away from the first production run being finished.

(they nearly didn't have any as the trip was cancelled multiple times due to the "blizzards" blocking up either Gloucestershire or London the whole week we were supposed to be delivering them! My car was not coping well with the lack of grip, I'm getting soft in my old age...)

ÿ

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
All the stereo range - 1's, 2's and 3's are bi-wireable. The 2's are the closest physical match to your 109's - they share the same mechanical layout (2.5-way twin 5" driver) and are a comparible size. Acoustically they are a little tighter in the bass and offer up a lot more detail/clarity than the 109's, they do share similar "musicality" and snap that made the 109's so enjoyable to listen to though!

If you want any info or want to try a set out I'll be happy to arrange something through your nearest dealer, feel free to drop me a mail -

jluce@acoustic-energy.co.uk

(I'll reply when I can - on the road a lot at the mo!)

ÿ

Apologies to the WHF team if pimping my services out is against the rules - delete anything if you need to!ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
glad to hear they are bi wireable as i have an arcam p35 sitting boxed up on top of my wardrobe which i stripped out when i changed my speakers 6 months ago or so - i think the speakers and sub I have work really well together but always keen to hear new kit as can't help but fiddle and the gf thinks they are acceptable!!!!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
"If you want any info or want to try a set out I'll be happy to arrange something through your nearest dealer, feel free to drop me a mail"

thanks for that great CS and the email address - although think will have to try find a dealer happy to lend me a pair for a home demo so can compare with my own kit

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
All can be arranged! We are being very selective with our new dealers and they are expected to offer home loans if necessary, we can supply them the stock for this if need be!

A

Anonymous

Hey, great to hear! I heard the AE Radiance 2 (I think) at the Bristol show and I thought they were some of the most exciting and involving speakers I heard there. I'd definitely consider getting a home demo...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
AEJim:

Apologies to the WHF team if pimping my services out is against the rules - delete anything if you need to!

Jim, no problem at all with you coming on here and posting as you clearly state who you are. Wish others were so helpful!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts