What headphones!?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the market for some new headphones and am in some serious need for help.
I have never paid out for an expensive pair of headphones before and I know places are funny about taking them back sometimes so I want to try to make sure I get it right.
I have been trawling the net looking at reviews and comparisons but everywhere seems to contradict the last place I looked.
I am looking for some in-ear, wired noise isolating cans with a budget of up to £80 (Although the cheaper the better, for £80 I would want something really special)
Dose anyone have any advise or recommendations from personal experience? I have heard a lot of good things about the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3’s and am currently leaning towards them.
Any input would be greatly recommended.
Cheers
Mike

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I am surprised you have not received any responses to-date (unless it's because you didn't post in the 'headphones' forum section specifically, although my own post there has not prompted any comment!)

Sadly, earphones and headphones are just as prone as any other hi-fi subject to a wide cross-section of opinion and so what you say is no surprise. I assume you have browsed through the WHF forum threads? No doubt there are plenty of conflicting views to be found there!

After the obligatory cheapo pairs, I moved up to the Sennheiser CX-300 MkII at approx £15 from Amazon, but then got tempted to try the Etymotic ER6i (purchased and then resold on Fleabay) which weren't to my taste. I can't really help as I now have the Shure SE420 model which is beyond the price limit you mention.

Maybe you could elaborate more regarding style of kit you want, music you listen to, where you listen, source, etc?

Hopefully, the fact that one response has been submitted will prompt a few more helpful suggestions...

scene

Sorry, I'd missed this thread.

I was looking to either re-pad my old Senns, or buy new and had the Goldring NS1000 noise canceling cans recommended to me by idc. They were 5-star when they were £150 and are available on play.com for £49.99 - click

I'm contemplating raiding the piggy bank for them myself...

TRENDING THREADS