What happened to Celestion?

A

Anonymous

Dennis - have you heard of Google? :)

Voila - http://www.celestion.com/

I used to have some lovely Celestion's years ago.

Nick From Philly

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
I recently broke the screw that attaches the speaker to a floor stand. I rang Celestion and they sent out replacement screws (to the Rep of Ireland no less) the next day and charged me nothing. Customer service with them (in my expierence) is 2nd to none.

Dennis Michos

Jun 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes I know Google :)
I was just trying to get some comments what people think about the acquisition of Celestion by Goldpeak. It seems they haven't continued with the same passion what the original brand was promissing.
It's a pity when some times a good brand has to disappear when acquired by a bigger richer group with different mentality

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They do seem to have a much lower profile these days. I used to have some DL6 series II, my first speakers (proper ones anyway) about 20 years ago. Nice sound but the metal tweeter was a little erm metallic sounding at times. In fact my dad uses them now and they still sound ok.

matthewpiano

Strange really. While KEF have gone from strength to strength, Celestion seem to have been allowed to fall by the wayside somewhat.

Still, could be worse. They could have fallen the same way as JPW who made some half decent budget speakers at one time but now appear to have disappeared from the UK market.

A

Anonymous

They also make the speakers for a certain guitar amplifier manafacturer which I cannot for the life of me remember...Crate is it?

A

Anonymous

Marshall.
Celestion are also very active in the Pro Audio market.

John Duncan

Hughes123:They also make the speakers for a certain guitar amplifier manafacturer which I cannot for the life of me remember...Crate is it?

Practically everybody. They're the definitive guitar speaker (though Electrovoice might argue).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts