What great Day . . .

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep I have had one of those special days where things realy to come together. Visit the doctors first thing, he is very happy with the progress I am making with my new 'happy pill' medication. Then I went to the glider flying field and had a super flying session with excelent company, the Glider performing at its very best.

Came home and a new 3.7m glider had been deliverd which I picked up of the internet at a bargin price.

Feeling very relaxed, I started trolling through Spotify. I came across a real gem in Rosanne Cash with her album 'The List'. Always been happy to listen to Rosanne Cash but never paid much attention. Why the change, simply the recording has a 1980's feel to it, thats sound wise, I have often described my old EAR valve system in that era as a 'rubbery sound' . . . rich and warm, with a homley feeling?

Have a listen, see what you think.

CJSF

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It's great to have you back....and in good form.

Remind me, do you have the Croft or the Icon Audio connected at the moment?

Indeed, welcome back CJSF.

Glad to hear you've found the right 'happy pills', | did, however, lose interest ever so slightly when I realised that the 'glider' wasn't a new Benz Micro cartridge you had aquired. :)

I'll just go get my cocoa........

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Hi Cno, I have the Icon connected, doing the business set in 'Ultralinear mode'. Lots of things influenced the second half of last year for me, not least my mental state? I think I have regained a personal even keel and am very satisfied with life at present . . .

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:

Glad to hear you've found the right 'happy pills', | did, however, lose interest ever so slightly when I realised that the 'glider' wasn't a new Benz Micro cartridge you had aquired. :)

Benz 'Glider' . . . *pardon* bit sharp, but model gliders, they do the business for me. So relaxing but presenting a challenge in exactly the same way as a full size sail plane, staying aloft with no phisicall motive power?

Looking foward to 2015 competition season, very busy this year, a comp every 2 weeks from Easter to October. The flying we are doing now is setting the gliders up and practise.

CJSF

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
CJSF said:
CnoEvil said:

Hi Cno, I have the Icon connected, doing the business set in 'Ultralinear mode'. Lots of things influenced the second half of last year for me, not least my mental state? I think I have regained a personal even keel and am very satisfied with life at present . . .

CJSF

I'm very glad to hear that, CJSF; glad to see you posting again. I aways enjoy reading your stuff. Best wishes.

CJSF said:
Al ears said:

Benz 'Glider' . . . *pardon* bit sharp, but model gliders, they do the business for me. So relaxing but presenting a challenge in exactly the same way as a full size sail plane, staying aloft with no phisicall motive power?

Looking foward to 2015 competition season, very busy this year, a comp every 2 weeks from Easter to October. The flying we are doing now is setting the gliders up and practise.

CJSF

That's me, sharp as a tack even at this time of night... Might have something to do with me currently working night-shift, who knows?

Whatever, stay well and great to see you posting again.

PS> Thought I'd better mention the Benz Micro cartridges as this thread is in the 'Turntables and LPs' subsection, and I do get a bit peeved when people post on here willy-nilly. :)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
PS> Thought I'd better mention the Benz Micro cartridges as this thread is in the 'Turntables and LPs' subsection, and I do get a bit peeved when people post on here willy-nilly. :)

Apollogies, I realise I put it in the wrong section to late. I think I was very tierd when I did the first post . . . *scratch_one-s_head*

Interesting that in the past 6 months or so, since I move the LP storage, this coupled with my very up and down personality. I have spent most of my time listening to Spotify or CD. I believe it has made me more selective and apreciative of the music I listen, its easy to press the 'move on button'?

A well, its off to the gliding field for another session, its a tough life when you retire*pardon*

CJS

I know what you mean about mistakes when tired ................ how do you think I ended up married :)

Was only pulling your leg, really hope you enjoy the gliding.

I just hope I can find something as interesting when I retire in a few years time and get a bit too frail to go running up and down mountains trying to save lost / misdirected / injured unfortunates.

I must say I'll have to investigate Spotify a bit more as I can see your point about accesss to a vast amount of music that one might be blissfully unaware of.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi CSJF, it's really good to hear from you; I'd been wondering what had become of you. Glad to hear the pills and the gliding are bringing good things your way. Your glider isn't one of these, is it (he asks, trying to bring it back on topic)? Anyway, stay well, and hope to see you posting a bit more in future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts