What goes around ........

Can I just thank two participular forum members and ultimately Insider9 for their endeavours in bringing me the sound I have missed.

I had to sell my EB Acoustics EB2's some time ago in a time of economic strife. Although my main speakers were, and still are, brilliant in the right room I have had to move my system into a much smaller upstairs listening room. It was here I realised my mistake in letting the EB2's go.

In a roundabout way I now have a pair back and what can I say, they are as good as I remember and after a days listening throwing all sorts at them I am still amazed.

Can I thank all parties involved, you know who you are, re-invigorating my system once more.

There are a lot of good folk out their preoples. Use their generosity and knowledge.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
You are very welcome. Glad to have been of help.

What is EB Acoustics?
wink_smile.gif

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Glad you are back to where you want to be. In return for my input can I ask a question that has been bugging me for ages:

Is that your actual ear in your avatar?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how the latest EB2 version stacks up against your originals? I used to have a pair of the smaller EB1's many years ago (paid and delivered within 5 weeks, boy how lucky was I!) . They were good but ultimately I felt that they were a bit lost in my medium sized front room and moved them on. I reckon those EB2's would be great however.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Can I just thank two participular forum members and ultimately Insider9 for their endeavours in bringing me the sound I have missed.

I had to sell my EB Acoustics EB2's some time ago in a time of economic strife. Although my main speakers were, and still are, brilliant in the right room I have had to move my system into a much smaller upstairs listening room. It was here I realised my mistake in letting the EB2's go. 

In a roundabout way I now have a pair back and what can I say, they are as good as I remember and after a days listening throwing all sorts at them I am still amazed.

Can I thank all parties involved, you know who you are, re-invigorating my system once more.

There are a lot of good folk out their preoples. Use their generosity and knowledge.
I had nothing to do with this but I know the feeling you have and that's why hifi can be so special.just read the review on These they sound fantastic

DIB said:
I wonder how the latest EB2 version stacks up against your originals? I used to have a pair of the smaller EB1's many years ago (paid and delivered within 5 weeks, boy how lucky was I!) . They were good but ultimately I felt that they were a bit lost in my medium sized front room and moved them on. I reckon those EB2's would be great however.

You are probably right that the EB2's might have been better in that size of room. Mine are currently set up in a spare bedroom of approximately 5x4 metres and in this they are ideal to my mind. Small monitors are just that and are normally used in a near-field situation.

The take-over of the EB design by Arcaydia might turn out to be a good thing, I shall endeavour to audition them against the originals if I can. However there has been a reasonable price hike already and this is stated to be an 'introductory price' so we don't know yet what their final cost will be.

The originals were priced well below their real value in my opinion and practically destroyed the ATC SCM11's as long as you could integrate their large size.

insider9 said:
Oh... you are welcome *blush*

It's great to hear they're as good as you remember them. Glad, I could play a part.

Enjoy!

I certainly will. Just sorry they weren't for you and can understand why.

You've made an old (ish) man very happy

I just hope what's coming your way finds approval.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Really pleased they are everything you remembered them to be, Al. There was never a time I wasn't absolutely amazed by them, they never failed to enthral me right up to the day I saw them leave my house. My change in direction which led to my selling them was a huge calculated risk. Had I not decided to try the active path, I doubt I would ever have changed them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts