what frequency range is upper bass?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i haven't got a definetive answer yet, want to know the range which upper bass is

someone said 80-150hz

i became interested to find out after hearing multiple times how the arendal sub 1 is very punchy and has very good upper bass, yet if my sub has a 80hz crossover to my fronts, it can't be shown off how good it is in the upper bass frequencies?

i did have a 150hz crossover before, with my dali ikon sub and briefly for sub 1 for 2 days till i had it changed when my installer suggested highly so.

is there much content in those frequencies in music and even films?

or would i be fine sticking with a 80hz xo

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
i haven't got a definetive answer yet, want to know the range which upper bass is

someone said 80-150hz

i became interested to find out after hearing multiple times how the arendal sub 1 is very punchy and has very good upper bass, yet if my sub has a 80hz crossover to my fronts, it can't be shown off how good it is in the upper bass frequencies?

i did have a 150hz crossover before, with my dali ikon sub and briefly for sub 1 for 2 days till i had it changed when my installer suggested highly so.

is there much content in those frequencies in music and even films?

or would i be fine sticking with a 80hz xo
ohz to 80hz low bass 80hz to 150hz mid bass 150hz to 250hz upper bass , but crossover are not brickwalls if your crossed to your subwoofer at 80hz it rolls off the bass at a 4th order low pass filter with means at 160hz it will be 24db lower. you should never really go higher than a 80hz crossover as bass frequencies will become localized

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That's not true if you know what your doing. High sub crossovers have big benefits if you have the skill.

Ask steinway they cross their systems over as high as 250hz they sound ace

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
That's not true if you know what your doing. High sub crossovers have big benefits if you have the skill.

Ask steinway they cross their systems over as high as 250hz they sound ace
yes high crossovers do have there benifits by freeing up the midrange but in normal circumstances 80hz is regarded as the ideal crossover THX comes to mind

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts