What exactly differentiates Blue Ray players?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Though i think snivilisationism was clear in wanting to leave that variable out of the equation (T*FT). I think his link (and, presumably, the post in the forum where he found it, same as me) is informative, and at least gives a very good indication that what is on a disc categorically does not go 'straight to screen', but involves player-dependent processing and interpretation on the way. Do you read it that way too, snivilisationism?

Agreed, which is why I suggested data loss is potentially a further mediating factor. When discussing HDMI, I merely wanted to indicate that we were discussing digital reproduction (anologue conversions of course introduce a whole other set of variables).

Apologies, but I couldn't decode the T*FT acronym.

John Duncan

snivilisationism said:
Although it seems the consensus is that the differences only show up appreciably on larger (projector?) screens.

In a darkened room :)

That makes sense, but I've no experience of box-swapping on big screens so can't say, and my 32" isn't good enough to tell - certainly not in terms of colour depth etc, but as I say I think that the Cambridge handles motion better than the Sony. Why that might be, don't know and care rather less :-D

TRENDING THREADS