what else can i do to improve on my existing system.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all first timer,totally blown away by existing system for cinema, any suggestions to improve the following set up as follows-

Dennon 2310, receiver 2010 bd,sky hd box,panasonic 42 pz70? dennon dock as1r? kef 3005 speakers,hdmi chord from receiver to blue ray, cheap speaker wire think it was about £2 per metre, Would like to improve sound for music purposes,ie dennon dock and using bd player for cd,s,total budget to improve would be £300.

Like the look of Wharfdale 10 diamonds,in gloss black as they would suit TV any other suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

thanks in advance.

schmichael.

A

Anonymous

kef 3005 are as good if not better than the diamond 10's.

I have 6.00pm speaker wire and 3.00 and I cant hear a difference.

A

Anonymous

Ta canada 16 for quick response,i did not realise the kefs were that good.i think they are 3005 only,and not 3005se,dose that make any difference?,any other suggestions to spend the £300,hdmi cables for example to improve sound quality.

thanks again it can be quite painful asking advice in some shops they just want to sell there products.

A

Anonymous

Do not get started on HDMI... LOL

Spend max 10.00 each as you wont see any difference, and if you do it will be so so minor.

Regardless of 3005 or the se version, it would not be worth the upgrade. as long as it sounds nice then there you go.

As long as you have a decent BD player, like a sony ps3 or the bdp ones then you are ok.

IMHO I dont spend money on HDMI cables, mains cables or speaker cables, I would rather buy better speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again for honest awnser sounds like i have a ok set up,what sort money would i have to spend on speakers to improve

any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

I have Diamond 9's and sound great, but the 10's look awesome in piano black.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
When I was demoing the 3005SE, the biggest impact on music wqas to change the sub.

I substituted with a PV1 for the demo, but you should be able to find a good sub for your budget. I believe that BK do some in the £300 bracket.

But remember to get one that goes high enough to cover the frequencies the satellites can't reach down to.

A

Anonymous

Kinda like that idea kinda,but would like some help/advice from WHF team before i parted with my hard earned dosh

just a thought iff i went for wharedale diamonds,could iuse kefs for top front speakers.

Any more feedback would be greatly apreciated.

A

Anonymous

I assume you have the HTB2 sub that comes with the 3005's so something like the £400ish B&W ASW610 may give you a good step up, but I doubt it would be a huge difference, you would have to goto something like the PV1.

The Diamonds are a full range speaker, so you may find you will get a larger sound stage, but I doubt they would intergrate too well with the kefs and may look a bit odd on the same wall.

If you are determind to spend the cash, and if in budget, If I was you I would buy 2 of the 3005SE sat's, use these for front L & R and use you older ones for front Height.

In my previous experience with a Denon 1910 and a sat/sub system adding height speakers makes a huge difference to the front sound stage.

OR

At £300ish the Sony BDPS-760 will give you a boost in both picture & sound on blu rays.

AND

Also on the power lead / HDMI issue, everyone has a different view, personally, I have Copper line Alpha & Chord mains power cables on all my equipment and I believe I can hear / see the difference, but as I say it's my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that will take on board any advice ,

Regarding Sony BDPS i mentioned earlier that i have 2010 bd player, so picture quality is good,

and fits inwell with existing system (visualy that is)

A bit disappointed thought i would have had some feedback from the experts at WHF team.

TRENDING THREADS