What does the Artist think?

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I'm having a major Ozric Tentacles session tonight and it's got me thinking about the sort of hi-fi that the artists might have at home to assess/enjoy their work once it's been been finished in the studio; could this be a magazine feature?

Currently listening to: Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Gusboll said:
I'm having a major Ozric Tentacles session tonight and it's got me thinking about the sort of hi-fi that the artists might have at home to assess/enjoy their work once it's been been finished in the studio; could this be a magazine feature?

I'm guessing many of them don't. Many of them are probably like some actors who never watch their own films. Why would they care what the end result sounds like? There are people who take care of how the album is mixed and presented to the public...

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have always wondered if artists and musicians care about the sound quality of their recordings and have often fantasized about how a musician would react to listening to a recording of their music on my system , ( yes I am an INFP :) )

I think some artists do care about sound quality , I watched a documentary about Michael Jackson recently and he was ultra fussy about the sound of his recordings and would do them over and over until he was 100% happy .

It seems there are some other artists that do care and have decent HiFi systems too .

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-10145353-47.html

http://audiophilereview.com/affordable-speakers/some-musicians-are-audiophiles.html

I suspect there are many more audiophile musicians than people would imagine but they are just reluctant to talk about it :shifty:

Yes I think your idea would make a very interesting magazine article :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have always wondered if artists and musicians care about the sound quality of their recordings and have often fantasized about how a musician would react to listening to a recording of their music on my system .

I think some artists do care about sound quality , I watched a documentary about Michael Jackson recently and he was ultra fussy about the sound of his recordings and would do them over and over until he was 100% happy .

It seems there are some other artists that do care and have decent HiFi systems too .

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-10145353-47.html

I suspect there are many more audiophile musicians than people would imagine but they are just reluctant to talk about it :shifty:

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
I...often fantasized about how a musician would react to listening to a recording of their music on my system .
Blimey your fantasies are tame compared to mine. My fantasies usually involve me and Drew Barrymore naked in a huge vat of strawberry jelly, and all you want is some musician to listen to their CD on your HiFi. One of us needs counseling. :oops:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:
I...often fantasized about how a musician would react to listening to a recording of their music on my system .
Blimey your fantasies are tame compared to mine. My fantasies usually involve me and Drew Barrymore naked in a huge vat of strawberry jelly, and all you want is some musician to listen to their CD on your HiFi. One of us needs counseling. :oops:

I do have other fantasies that would probably be considered to be more mainstream :quest: but I doubt that the moderators would allow me to post them here :O ;)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

Eeeeeew!

Strawberry? :p

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

Well your fantasies are pretty tame compared to mine.

My fantasy involves a jug of gravy and Susan Boyle wearing nothing but a pair of wellies and a shower cap. :shifty:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

My fantasy involves a jug of gravy and Susan Boyle wearing nothing but a pair of wellies and a shower cap. :shifty:

Blimey :O , and I thought I had problems :rofl:

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

can a mod please lock this thread ASAP before any more twisted fantasies come out and ruin my day lol

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Gusboll said:

I'm guessing many of them don't. Many of them are probably like some actors who never watch their own films. Why would they care what the end result sounds like? There are people who take care of how the album is mixed and presented to the public...

I understand that to an extent; I have some (very limited) recording experience within the family but even so; I wonder what for instance, recording perfectionists like Steeley Dan, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield etc etc, listen to music on? They and thousands of others make the stuff that we listen to after all.

Currently listening to: The Soft Pack

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I expect that 95% of recording artists don't actually have enough money to afford a hi-fi, and are too busy making music to listen to any as a hobby.

(Just in case they then unwittingly rip it off in their own music:)

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

Would that be at the #susanalbumparty ?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
MajorFubar said:
Electro said:

No counselor can help you, man. :O

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts