What do you do with a Mojo 2?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
bought a Mojo 2 last year but have only ever used it to listen to music through my iPhone and iMac with Grado SR325X, I feel like im missing getting its full use or benefit, excuse my lack of tech understanding but what can I use the opt and coax inputs for and what cables do I need? What are main things people use it for?

Last edited:

SallyB

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
bought a Mojo 2 last year but have only ever used it to listen to music through my iPhone and iMac with Grado SR325X, I feel like im missing getting its full use or benefit, excuse my lack of tech understanding but what can I use the opt and coax inputs for and what cables do I need? What are main things people use it for?
Hi, you have a very good and well respected device and are already using it for the primary purpose for which it was intended, i.e. a headphone amp and dac. It is a portable device for use out and about or in the home/office. The two inputs you mention would enable another digital device with digital outputs to be attached, such as a cd player, cd transport or some streamers. The cables can be got from any reasonable electronics store.

However, the Mojo has no outputs so its use is limited to headphone use and despite the availability of these inputs you would probably be limited to home or office if you used them. They would though offer potentially better sound quality than that via a phone.

Lastly you are able to buy Chords streaming module ’Poly’, which can be attached. I have no experience of using this.

SallyB

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
The previous comment is slightly incorrect. Buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable and connect it to an RCA input on the amp of your choice. I use mine with both an amp and speakers and headphones.
Yes, sorry, I should have thought of that, particularly as years ago I used an identical cable to link an iPads headphone socket to my amp. Out of interest, do you have to alter the mojo’s voltage settings?

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

1725439552423.png

Never lose your MOJO BABY! :ROFLMAO:

Jasonovich

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts