What do you do when you listen to your hifi?

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Depends.

Am I "listening" or is it just background music?

Background could be anything.

"Listening" will be just that in a low lit room and a malt on the side

A

Anonymous

DavieCee:

Depends.

Am I "listening" or is it just background music?

Background could be anything.

"Listening" will be just that in a low lit room and a malt on the side
Sounds good to me Davie, replace the malt for a coffee and a cognac. It,s been so long since i,ve been able to just sit back and chill, been far too busy with work, should make a point of taking time to listen to my system or else what,s the point of knocking your pan in every day.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:I post drivel on forums, surf the internet and stare out the patio doors at the surrounding trees and sky.

Same here!

Unless I am having a serious listening session, then its generally just stare in to space, and maybe read the paper. I do sometimes like to just sit and listen with no distractions whatsoever though.

A

Anonymous

I like to lie down and eat nice chocolates and cheeses.

Most of the time i'm on the imac scouring the forums for some new perspective or, looking at weird and wonderful products on online stores

A

Anonymous

1. Surf the Internet

2. Doing Household Chores

3. Sometimes I watch TV(muted)

4. Putting my 19 month old baby to sleep
emotion-7.gif

5. Putting myself to sleep and wake up with my hifi still on
emotion-20.gif

tenergy

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I actually also like to sit on my chair with just a low-powered incandescent lamp on while I listen.

Last night it was EBTG with Tracy Thorn singing "I Always Was Your Girl". Heaven. Until the little 'un came and said: "Papa, isn't it the middle of the night?" All downhill from there...hahaha

A

Anonymous

Depending on the mood and who or what gets my attention all of the above. But I try and have sometime to just sit and just listen and enjoy at least one or two tracks a day.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a little netbook. I mostly surf the web while I listen. Perfect pairing. Sometimes I read hifi mags if I have a new one. When it gets late, I often turn out the lights and just listen...

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
idc:I post drivel on forums, surf the internet and stare out the patio doors at the surrounding trees and sky. yep, this is exactly what I do too! except for the patio doors as I live in a flat and it is on the first floor...so I stare out the window :)..living the rock & roll lifestyle...

lovstromp

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Having a hifi is relatively new to me (got it november last year), so I'm still in only-listening-and-don't-do-anything-else-mode. And long may it continue
emotion-5.gif

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
gbhsi1:idc:I post drivel on forums, surf the internet and stare out the patio doors at the surrounding trees and sky. yep, this is exactly what I do too! except for the patio doors as I live in a flat and it is on the first floor...so I stare out the window :)..living the rock & roll lifestyle...

And me. So I'm always right next to one speaker and 6 foot from the other, thus rendering any expenditure on hifi utterly pointless.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Like others. If it's serious listening, then I do nothing but listen.

If it's not serious, then anything from household chores, surfing the net, chatting with the Wife, using the phone, etc, etc......

A

Anonymous

Light some candles and sit back with a bottle of Jamesons and a pack of cigarettes. (Yes I know smoking is bad...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts