Question What did you get for Christmas?

Tonestar1

I got one of these to add to the tool collection. The Doors LA Woman and The Stones Let It Bleed on vinyl. Oh and some Paul Smith socks. Good Christmas for me all round.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Black Sabbath, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Paranoid LPs,
Pink Floyd, The Later Years, triple LP,
Sinatra - Basie cd
Pink Floyd, Delicate Sound of Thunder double cd,
Monty Python, Live at Drury Lane cd.
David Gilmour, About Face cd.
and a Hudson Hi Fi tonearm alignment device.
Happy listening, indeed. Well, for now anyway, as the Uniti is going back to the menders in a few days, to repair the blank information screen. I wonder if it'll sound any better?

Last edited:
Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 108165

Black Sabbath, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Paranoid LPs,
Pink Floyd, The Later Years, triple LP,
Sinatra - Basie cd
Pink Floyd, Delicate Sound of Thunder double cd,
Monty Python, Live at Drury Lane cd.
David Gilmour, About Face cd.
and a Hudson Hi Fi tonearm alignment device.
Happy listening, indeed. Well, for now anyway, as the Uniti is going back to the menders in a few days, to repair the blank information screen. I wonder if it'll sound any better?
Probably sounded better with the screen off if you listen to all the bull that some manufacturers peddle about robbing power by having the screen on :)

Reactions: MeanandGreen

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Probably sounded better with the screen off if you listen to all the bull that some manufacturers peddle about robbing power by having the screen on :)
Dunno about that, but I certainly didn't expect the scene to fail at all, let alone after only ten years, and since have found out it is a frequent occurrance, so either way I will set the Screen Off timer to minimum.
Actually, I just wondered whether the service would improve anything, probably not.

D

Deleted member 160668

I got a hangover! Lol!

Also got a synology dual nas drive which is still in the box as I am yet to find my b*llocks to spend the time to work out what the hell I do to set it up!!
Might have to have a play this weekend. I predict much pulling out of my hair and shouting at my laptop (yes I am a tech idiot!!).

scene

Setting up a NAS is reasonably straightforward, and if you're not technically savvy, there are plenty of guides online that step you through it. I seem to remember Synology had some good ones on their website (or used to).

Usually it's a case of setting up at least one user (as admin, with password, changing from system default), giving the Nas a network name, creating a volume/volumes (I've got two on mine - one for backing up my pcs, one for media), and sharing that volume.

Usually the trickier part is moving things like iTunes libraries onto it, and/or setting up things to refer to the Nas shared volume. Hint: keep the names short (no spaces) and volume names obvious, then you can reference them easily like //NasName//media (say,)

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Synology NAS drive and it was pretty easy to set up.
I've mapped it as a network drive on my desktop so it shows up in "my computer" on my desktop computer now- means I can copy and paste to move items across from my desktop and can rip CDs and DVDs directly to it.
Great devices. Bit of work up front but well worth the effort. They just work...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts