• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

What could I pair with Kef sl50 speakers? Just looking at 2 speakers (I think)

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Hi Gel,

Sevenoakes have a code for £240 off the LS50's bringing them down to £599

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
If you look up the Kef user reviews in the review section you may see what worked well for others. By all accounts a low powered amp is a no no

insider9

Sep 20, 2016
gel said:
muljao said:
If you look up the Kef user reviews in the review section you may see what worked well for others. By all accounts a low powered amp is a no no
Cheers, thought so reading the WHF review.
I'd go for something with a little bit of authority in bass. Had a demo with Roksan K3 but didn't enjoy the amp. The pairing was actually rather decent.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
gel said:
That was the best deal on offer by Sevenoaks. Lasts roughly a month too.
The terrible thing is that I am going out drinking this evening, and I just know what is going to happen when I get home. You are a bad man gel. *stop*

nopiano

Feb 15, 2009
Similar huge discount by Audio T at the Bristol show today and this weekend.

Heard the wireless ones there today and they really are good, even though pricy. With decent amps, four DACS and lots of connectivity they were using just a streamer to demo them.

As for the passive ones, I'd generally go for a beefier amp, but pretty sure I read they can go quite well with the little NAD, the D3020 is it? Depends what use you are putting them to, size of room, usual questions!

gel

nopiano said:
Similar huge discount by Audio T at the Bristol show today and this weekend.

Heard the wireless ones there today and they really are good, even though pricy. With decent amps, four DACS and lots of connectivity they were using just a streamer to demo them.

As for the passive ones, I'd generally go for a beefier amp, but pretty sure I read they can go quite well with the little NAD, the D3020 is it? Depends what use you are putting them to, size of room, usual questions!
Cheers mate.
I will have a look at that NAD.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts