What CD player to go with Marantz PM4400

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

I had a Marantz PM4400 and a Wharfedale Diamond 8.2, which i gave to a relative since i upgraded my system

However, at that time, i didnt have a CD player to go with that set, and now im looking to present a CD player to my relative as a birthday present to complete the system

Any suggestions on what CD player i should be looking at? He usually listens to some classical, marches etc

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Tanks, I would stay with the brand and look out for a Marantz CD
player in good condition on Ebay. I once had a CD5400 with a PM4200,
and they worked well together. Obviously, this is not high-end hifi,
but they go together well, and I'm sure you'll be able to find one for
a good price. Alternatively, you could go for one of the older Marantz
models that some forum members highly recommend. Use the search
function and have a look around.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. Will have a search around the forum for more ideas from the marantz range as you have suggested

tanks:Thanks for that. Will have a search around the forum for more ideas from the marantz range as you have suggested

Hi

Yep, the Marantz is the obvious partner, but as an alternative, the Nad players will match well (older C542 springs to mind, if you can pick one up?) or even Arcam CD73T. Both of these will also be well matched with the Wharfedale speakers you mentioned.

As they are budget players they shouldn't be too difficult to match. What I mean by that is they are not over fussy about partnering, comparatively speaking, whereas mid-range and high end stuff is a little trickier to find the right combo.

Good luck.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
NAD C525BEE, NAD C542, Arcam CD72 or CD73 or an Arcam Alpha 8SE CDP would all suit well and work with your speakers too.

What kind of music do you usually listn to?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts