What cd/amp combination should I compare with Arcam CD37+A38?

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi I'm going to audition Arcam CD37+A38 with PMC GB1i speakers next weekend.

With what other combination of CD/Amp should I compare this? Primare CD31+I30? Anything else?

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Anyone?

It's so quiet.. does it mean that there are no alternatives?
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

For the GB1i, the outright power of the Arcam equipment is what you will want - however, I would have a look at some equipment from Denon (particularly the PMA2000AE amplifier).

A

Anonymous

Anything tending to the warmer side? I wouldn't personally use the amp - I'd go for a Musical Fidelity as it works beatifully with my Arcam CDP.

Sugden might be an option with the 21 CDP and amp?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You should also look at the new Naim CD5i (italic) and partnering amp. Different sound but good to test against the Arcam. Hopefully you can join the Arcam supporters club and stop those Primare boys from hating us!

A

Anonymous

Should you decide to go the way of Arcam: Don't miss the bus...

arcam_milk_float.jpg

John Duncan

JoelSim:You should also look at the new Naim CD5i (italic) and partnering amp. Different sound but good to test against the Arcam. Hopefully you can join the Arcam supporters club and stop those Primare boys from hating us!

I don't hate Arcam, I just wouldn't buy it (any more) because I don't like it. This is not a Canon vs Nikon camera forum - if you like your kit, that's all that matters, and if the OP demos them all and prefers the Arcam, good on 'im.

Knobs, of course, are a different matter........

I don't believe the Primare boys (and girls) hate Arcam. It's more a case that Arcam is subject to ridicule; some have genuine reasons, others I think just jump on the bandwagon.

JD talking about his knobs has reminded me my door handles need polishing! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts