What can I buy to clean my Plasma Display?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got Fogbuster from my local opticians which I use to clean my spectacles-Will this do given also I've got a microfibre cloth?-You know the one they give you with the spectacle case

A

Anonymous

As I understand it, it's the cloth that makes as much difference as the cleaning solution. Coarse fibres can mar the glass: a microfibre, as you use, should be fine.

As to the cleaning fluid itself: sorry, no experience of that. I use this:

http://www.microanvika.com/product.asp?TXT=INFO&PNO=AMD63505&ref=froogle&cam=AMD63505&key=597305

and I've been quite happy with it.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I simply use a good microfibre cloth and no solution, the glass on the front is quite tough but the last thing you want is scratching. Also taught the kids to keep their fingers away from the screen but those gloss black frames do get rather dusty.

A

Anonymous

Problem is, there a couple of smudge marks on the screen itself at the top and I have tried using a microfibre cloth from my spectacle's case and this hasn't worked. So instead I've bought some Plasma/LCD cleaning solution gel made by Philips from Amazon for baout £8.00.

I think if it's just a question of dust a microfibre cloth is fine, but when you have the odd smudge here and there the cloth alone is quite useless.

This is what I'be bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SVC2540-10-Plasma-Cleaner/dp/B000M1V8TO/ref=sr_1_1/203-4184774-9115905?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1192625080&sr=8-1

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I suppose those smudge marks are a result of when you wall mounted it, I think any cleaning solution designed for cleaning plasma and (rubbish) lcd sets will be fine and you would have to seriously misuse any thing like that to damage your screen.

A

Anonymous

You are a 100% correct DJ-The smudge marks and finegrprints are as a result of the wall mounting process which took me about 2 hours to complete. I hope the Philips solution will be fine.........Like you say, even though the screens are pretty durable, you would have to go some way to scratching them adn I guess the maufacturers must take all this into consideration when they make the display? I must admit when I first saw a smudge mark I did use a small piece if kitchen towel and rubbed over it ever so gently but that only made the smudge a bit bigger. Haven't had time to plug eveything in yet-Hopefully this Saturday though once also my DVE disc arrives............and then...........on go all the lights!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts