what cables are best for my set up

mickeyh

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
i have a sony 46w3000, sony blu-rays300, sky digital ,onkyo 606 amp and monitor audio radius speakers (7.1 setup 2 x R90 front 1 x R180 centre 4 x R45 side and back and R360 sub ) and nintendo wii.

at the moment i have inexpensive hdmi from blu-ray to amp , and again from amp to tv , and optical cable from tv to amp , chord campano to speakers , scart to tv from sky , composite cable to tv from wii

need advice on upgrade cables to get best out of components , also currently all mains leads to extention lead ,

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
IMO, the only cable I would upgrade is the wii cable. I would change it out for the official Nintendo component cable. There may be cheaper alternatives but I've always found official console cables to be the best. Otherwise I would save your money and if you still fancy changing the cables, try and borrow some and see if you can see/hear a difference. You're using budget kit, so don't go daft. I have upgraded mains cables that I got from ebay (all built with good quality components) but can't see/hear any difference. They do look nice though.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
No offence intended mate
emotion-1.gif
but it is at the lower end of the price range. Stick to the 10% rule (maximum) for cabling and you won't go far wrong but I've found I can get away with less and I've spent a fair bit on cabling over the years.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes borrowing cables would be a good idea if possible, im using Chord hdmi cables with my Onkyo and Ps3 and does seem to be a bit better than the cheap ones iv'e got. So really it's just a case of trying different brands and finding out for your self. I would start with a Tacima c929 mains filter for £24.99, then look at VHD, Chord or Qed Hdmi cables and try Clearer Audio Copper-line Alpha cables or Russ Andrews for £35 for tv and amp.

A

Anonymous

QED HDMI-P are currently available for £19.86 after a quick google,i certainly wouldn't spend anymore on your "budget" system

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts