What beginner system for £1000

Hi,

I am looking to purchase my first TT system and need some advice on what to buy for £1000.

I will be using the system primarily to listen to classical music and film soundtracks.

What would you recommend? Or is is as simple as just picking from the What Hifi awards?

Tom Smith said:
Hi,

I am looking to purchase my first TT system and need some advice on what to buy for £1000.

I will be using the system primarily to listen to classical music and film soundtracks.

What would you recommend? Or is is as simple as just picking from the What Hifi awards?

Almost. ;-)

I assume you mean turntable, amplifier and speakers? Don't forget to budget for cables and speaker stands if going for standmount type.

Go out and audition as much as you can. If in the UK then Richersounds have shops everywhere.

Look for a turntable with a good cartridge fitted ( see threads on here for some ideas.)

I might help if you could up your budget a little and, if you're not sure what you're looking at, I would avoid second hand although open-box or ex-demo kit are good ways to save money as is buying everything from one dealer as you may be able to haggle the price a bit or get them to throw in free cables.

My main concern is do you already have an LP collection? If not, for your musical tastes stick to CD, or better still SACD.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For that budget you can't go far wrong with a Rega RP1 with upgrade kit, Marantz PM6005 and Dali Zensor 3 speakers with enough change for cables and speaker stands if you shop around. Try to audition though because your ears are what counts here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts