What are you watching?

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

imagejpeg

Again.
smiley-smile.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
ProductImage-7536071.jpg

Enjoyed the very wonderful Jo Nesbø-penned Headhunters, so, thought Nesbø's Jackpot would also be good. Umm, no.

Coen bros-style black humour + Tarantino gunplay + Guy Ritchie-esque time-shifts = a right ol' potboiler.

And casting a shamless David Brent impersonator - replete with beard and 80s-style barnet - doesn't help the cause, either.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

Not the worst film that I've seen, but was challenging in the "stay awake, this won an Oscar" stakes.

The soundtrack of the film had a big impact on the overall tone of the film - without it this would have just made the "Extremely Dull" category.

With the soundtrack, it edged its way into the "Dull and Too Long" list.

Worth watching so that you can have an opinion...otherwise will not make you friends with the rest of the family. They endured it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Recorded Gangs of New York on Sky HD about a month ago, the picture is class!

D

Deleted member 2457

idc said:
Went to see Wreck it Ralph, which was excellent with a very good story and plot twist to it.

MV5BNzMxNTExOTkyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyNDc0OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Before it was a short called Paperman, the sound track for which is wonderful

Paperman+-+Single.jpg

I saw Wreck it Ralph with my two nieces.
smiley-smile.gif
Yep, interesting, definitely better than Ice Age 4 (the other one I saw recently), although 3D was not very good.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Predominently Sky.

Spartacus WOTD, The Following, Arrow, Hawaii 5o, NCIS LA and now new Game of Thrones.

Plus Sons of Anarchy, Doctor Who and Jonathon Creek.

Sky HD is brilliant! For a similar price of a new 3D BD, i get around 25 hrs of premium HD tv brilliant!!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
packshot._UX140_CR0,0,140,200_V1356722042_Lovefilmgb174048_.jpg

This may be in French with sub-titles - but it is brilliant and very funny, despite it being about a paralysed French aristocrat. Me, my wife, my daughter and her boyfriend,and my parents all thought the same. Three generations all loved it - one of the best films I've seen for a long time.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jonathanrebecca said:
packshot._UX140_CR0,0,140,200_V1356722042_Lovefilmgb174048_.jpg

This may be in French with sub-titles - but it is brilliant and very funny, despite it being about a paralysed French aristocrat. Me, my wife, my daughter and her boyfriend,and my parents all thought the same. Three generations all loved it - one of the best films I've seen for a long time.

Looks good. Can I recommend "My Life As A Dog", a Swedish film, very funny, and moving. A real joy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts