What are you watching?

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grosspete

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
At last got some time to watch it. And looks like Netflix also wants to hit the trend and filmed another Atwood's novel Alias Grace https://www.netflix.com/ru/title/80119411

D

Deleted member 2457

D

Deleted member 108165

Just watched Dune at the cinema and OMG it is EPIC!

I can’t wait for the home 4K blu-Ray. The audio on that film is insane, maybe even larger than Blade Runner 2049!
Massive fan of both Dune and Blade Runner. Both the originals of these films are icons, the sets, costumes and actors were top-class. I found Blade Runner 2049 good but not on the same level as the original and looking at the trailers for Dune I guess the same is true. I'll probably wait for Dune to be released on disc and hope that they continue with the rest of the excellent novels written by Frank Herbert.

Sliced Bread

Massive fan of both Dune and Blade Runner. Both the originals of these films are icons, the sets, costumes and actors were top-class. I found Blade Runner 2049 good but not on the same level as the original and looking at the trailers for Dune I guess the same is true. I'll probably wait for Dune to be released on disc and hope that they continue with the rest of the excellent novels written by Frank Herbert.
I think Blade Runner was a tough act to follow, but I still love 2049. I think it’s superb. Dune is a little easier to follow as the original felt quite rushed, but I appreciate these older films can hold sentimental as well as artistic value.

I’m hoping you’ll be pleasantly surprised by Dune. Stylistically it has a fair bit in common with the original and Timothée Chalamet plays Paul brilliantly. It’s hard to see what it could have done better. There are some reviews who find it slow (the opposite criticism to the original), but IMO that is Dune; it’s a slow burner and that’s what it needs. It’s a vast world complete with physics and politics which need to be understood and explained. As you like the books I’m sure you’re ok with this 👍

Blader Runner and 2049 I would say are on par with the edge going to the original; but Dune 2021 is way better than the original. I would recommend the cinema for this one though, unless you’re lucky enough to have a projector. The scale is immense. Just my opinion, but I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts