What are you watching?

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

Inception, brilliant.

51KCKCssUgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn said:
ispitonyourgrave1.jpg
ISOYG-2010-Blu-ray-cover.jpg

said to be a gorefest, lets see
emotion-3.gif

EDIT.......new pic added.. hopefully it's ok...

Watched this last night
smiley-surprised.gif

Can't really say much about it apart from it's twisted
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
but great come back from the lead.

A tip, not one for the first time date :O , horrific..

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
acrxu-336x518.jpg

Ever watched a film and passionately disagreed with the critics' (negative) reviews? FWIW, Spanish movie Hierro is now top of my 'unfairly maligned' list.

IMHO, the problem is the trailer, which implies it's a supernatural conspiracy thriller. No it is not! It's a psychological thriller, a slight tale, but nonetheless compelling and eerie, about a young mother's driven and relentless search for her missing son on an island (El Hierro) inhabited by David Lynch-style ordinary-but-weird folks.

Excellent acting, especially the lead, Elena Anaya, who won a couple of festival best actress awards (Stiges and Fantasporto). Anaya's ability to be low-key, spontaneous and totally convincing, yet also very charismatic and captivating, is extraordinary.

The cinematography is also lush, similar to photographer William Eggleston's style of making bland and bleak locations - a shabby trailer park, for example - look very striking and atmospheric. The sound/score also make it a Blu-ray worth owning.

And the plot has a plausible and neat wee twist at the end.
smiley-cool.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
10309630-1297355891-834000.jpg

I watched this knowing nothing about it. It's proper, proper funny. I think it's got to be the funniest kids film i've seen. Cracked me up
smiley-smile.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Game of Thrones. building slowly so far. Anyone else watching this?

Yes I finished watching the second episode this morning. I've read all the books (brilliant) but I found myself a little confused with the sequence of events (Robert and Ned have left for King's Landing but when something goes wrong they're suddenly available back in Winterfell to sort it out?), as if far more had been filmed and then it's been somewhat badly edited.

I'm not convinced by Sean Bean and Mark Addy either (I don't like Sean Bean much anyway and I still see Addy wrapping himself in clingfilm...), a lot of their dialogue, especially when it's just the two of them, seems a bit forced and stilted, they're supposed to be old friends but it never really convinces.

Peter Dinklage is fantastic though, he doesn't look like I expected Tyrion (one of the book covers shows him bald, which probably hasn't helped) but he acts the rest of them off the screen and he hasn't really had to do very much yet.

The show looks great though but I haven't been blown away just yet I have to admit, which is a shame, given how excellent the books are. I'd be interested to see the episode GRRM has written himself, to compare it to the others.

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Fawlty towers remastered box set - Episodes 1 and 2.

Introduced my 12 year old son to the greatest 12 episodes of TV ever made.

Even now considering going to see the great man on tour this year.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts