What are you secretly hoping is sitting under the Christmas Tree?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
i would like someone to tell me whether to go for the Audiolab 8200cdq 8200p combination or the Naim CD5si and Nait 5si seapates and whether to go for tannoy DCT6Se or KS50 or any other speaker combinations as i now have demo fatigue!!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
shep1968 said:
i would like someone to tell me whether to go for the Audiolab 8200cdq 8200p combination or the Naim CD5si and Nait 5si seapates and whether to go for tannoy DCT6Se or KS50 or any other speaker combinations as i now have demo fatigue!!

Get the Naim system with Rega RS3's

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
matt49 said:
davedotco said:
If you want to ponder further on what is under our tree there are a pair of 'shortie' wetsuits too. Mexican beer and rubber, better?

TMI !!!

Thought you might like that.

Mrs DDC is busy planning and buying our trip to Cabo in late February. The place is awash with whales and dolphins at that time of the year, we are hoping to be able to get into the water with them, hence the wetsuits.

The beer is just practice for what we expect to be doing later in the evenings.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
stevebrock said:
shep1968 said:

Get the Naim system with Rega RS3's
Naim so much better than the audiolab? The speakers wont be well positioned, would have to put the ports facing inwards and then theywould be right by the TV. Have a list of around 10 speakers here, v confusing!!

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
matt49 said:
davedotco said:
If you want to ponder further on what is under our tree there are a pair of 'shortie' wetsuits too. Mexican beer and rubber, better?

TMI !!!

Mrs DDC is busy planning and buying our trip to Cabo in late February. The place is awash with whales and dolphins at that time of the year, we are hoping to be able to get into the water with them, hence the wetsuits.

Go buy a case of Dos Equis , you wont regret it , well maybe in the morning <S>

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
davedotco said:
matt49 said:
davedotco said:

TMI !!!

Go buy a case of Dos Equis , you wont regret it , well maybe in the morning <S>

Negra Modelo is one of my favourite beers, Dos Equis Dark (Ambar) is decent too, regular Dos Equis is OK.

What I have bought is a rather bizare tequila flavoured beer, just for amusement really.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
My fave is Marstons Old Empire , but I'm not sure thats really in the Mexican tythme

James

My local pub is a Camra regional winner and will always have six real ales, a couple of craft kegs, draught Belgian of one sort or another and all the bottled (english and european) beer you could want. Real Cider and Perry can be had too.

It also has Private Eye for light reading, a library that includes, among others, the complete works of Terry Pratchet and John Le Carre and last weekend a playlist that included Buffalo Springfield, Love, early REM, Neil Young and Hendrix. Good english beer is not a problem.

The Mexican theme is because of our impending trip to Cabo, sort of getting in the mood.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just trying my iPad Air - not bad! Ended up with a three warranty too. :cheers:

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I was meant to be getting a Arcam BDP300 , as part of their trade in deal, but the rain meant the roads to the local shop were flooded so have to wait till Friday .....

D

Deleted member 2457

kmlav said:
I was meant to be getting a Arcam BDP300 , as part of their trade in deal, but the rain meant the roads to the local shop were flooded so have to wait till Friday .....

Oooo nice! :cheers:

My mum got a Bose Wave sound system and I have to say it sounds quite good! :)

D

Deleted member 2457

I am not sure I like my iPad Air! I am finding it pretty different to use than my iPad 2, I don't know if it is too light, or whether the screen is too small, I can't quite get used to it. Not sure what to do now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts