What are you listening to?

Page 456 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Ray LaMontagne - Gossip in the Grain

Meaghan Smith -The Cricket's Orchestra

Both stunningly good albums i discovered by google well mastered CD's recommended by the same person.

I hope they bring you as much listening pleasure as they have to me enjoy!

Both available on Spotify.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

512EKU7IT8L._SY450_.jpg

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:

Both stunningly good albums i discovered by google well mastered CD's recommended by the same person.

Thanks for the nodd on Meaghan Smith... excellent!

Mac

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Macspur said:
boggit said:

Mac

Glad you like her it was aimed at you! (only just found out how to do the quote thing)

I must admit Ray LaMontagne is my favourite from the Slow atmospherical Sarah to the more upbeat fun Hey Mama. brilliant.

Spotifiy did not have the album you you posted about but had an EP and new you would like Meaghan Smith she is also from Canada.

Listing to your Passenger, Flight of the Crow as i type, liking the hamoneys strings etc Cheers. What superb way to discover music.

Beats looking at reveiws forums on kit choosing an upgrade well actually i lie!! Great fun

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Macspur said:
boggit said:

Mac

Glad you like her it was aimed at you! (only just found out how to do the quote thing)

I must admit Ray LaMontagne is my favourite from the Slow atmospherical Sarah to the more upbeat fun Hey Mama. brilliant.

Spotifiy did not have the album you you posted about but had an EP and new you would like Meaghan Smith she is also from Canada.

Listing to your Passenger, Flight of the Crow as i type, liking the hamoneys strings etc Cheers. What superb way to discover music.

Beats looking at reveiws forums on kit choosing an upgrade well actually i lie!! Great fun

Yep, all good stuff!

When the sun turns black is my favourite Ray LaMontagne album.

Try this and let me know what you think

Barnaby Bright – The Longest Day

Mac

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mac

Lovely record, great sound, but a little to polite for me. Reminds me of Enya! But thank you.

When the sun turns black by Ray LaMontagne not available on spotify but listen to 30s snipets on his website again prefering Gossip in the Grain.

A later album so presumably a progression (depending on your taste) its a fuller album more layers more complex sounds.

Its a bit like Jake Bugg (18 old singer songwriter guitar player) its a good album but sounds a bit thin, you just know if he keeps it all together his next album will be outstanding.

You have some very nice kit by the way!!

Regards Colin

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Hi Mac

Lovely record, great sound, but a little to polite for me. Reminds me of Enya! But thank you.

When the sun turns black by Ray LaMontagne not available on spotify but listen to 30s snipets on his website again prefering Gossip in the Grain.

A later album so presumably a progression (depending on your taste) its a fuller album more layers more complex sounds.

Its a bit like Jake Bugg (18 old singer songwriter guitar player) its a good album but sounds a bit thin, you just know if he keeps it all together his next album will be outstanding.

You have some very nice kit by the way!!

Regards Colin

No probs Colin... not sure about the Enya tag though.

If you like things a little edgyer try some of the following

Laura Veirs and Saltbreakers – Saltbreakers

Ingrid Michaelson – Girls and Boys

Catherine Feeny – Hurricane Glass

Ben Howard – Every Kingdom

Passenger – All The Little Lights

Lisa Hannigan – Passenger

Tina Dico – A Beginning, A Detour, An Open Ending

Hope there's something there a bit more to your taste.

Thanks for the comments on the kit too... taken me many a year to get to this point.

Cheers

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts