What are you listening to?

Page 473 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
The Civil Wars - The Civil Wars. Out today. Even better than the first one.

l3uz6fw26l51mw0185ry.jpg

The Civil Wars – The Civil Wars (Spotify)

Pure class!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Macspur said:
John Duncan said:

l3uz6fw26l51mw0185ry.jpg

Pure class!
John you're right sounds superb!

Mac thanks for the sound cloud pointer bit of a pain only being able to play 1 track then it is free and I guess it only for sampling. Incidentally how do you listen to Spotify do you play it through you're main system?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Macspur said:
John Duncan said:

l3uz6fw26l51mw0185ry.jpg

Pure class!
John you're right sounds superb!

Mac thanks for the sound cloud pointer bit of a pain only being able to play 1 track then it is free and I guess it only for sampling. Incidentally how do you listen to Spotify do you play it through you're main system?

Hi Boggit,

Didn't think you would like the Civil wars... excellent!

Try some Angus and Julia Stone.

I rarely listen to whole albums through Spotify, so don't usually plug the laptop into Hifi.

Another place you could stream Lauren Mann is Rdio.

Nar, scrap that, just checked, just the same as Spotify.

Mac

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I did'nt when I first listened yesterday on earphones thought it was a bit um... reserved a bit conventional. Then when I got home today played on my system and wow great sound and so skilfully done. I listened to that Passenger album briefly you can see how much they have developed much fuller sound. They are my go to when I need guaranteed enjoyment.

Ever thought of getting a Sonos Conect for the old Accuphase assuming you have Spotify Premium?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
I did'nt when I first listened yesterday on earphones thought it was a bit um... reserved a bit conventional. Then when I got home today played on my system and wow great sound and so skilfully done. I listened to that Passenger album briefly you can see how much they have developed much fuller sound. They are my go to when I need guaranteed enjoyment.

Ever thought of getting a Sonos Conect for the old Accuphase assuming you have Spotify Premium?

I don't have Premium as it happens, but being blind as a bat lol! don't think I'd be able to operate something like Sonos and that's one reason I spent so much on a CDP.

You're right about Passenger... that CD is pretty pricey on Amazon, so will leave that for now.

Try this too

Laura Veirs – July Flame

Mac

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Just trying Angus and Julia Stone, just got off the Big Jet Plane !!

Ok will do

As for Sonos you can control it through a Sonos desktop software so nice and big!! If you can type on here you're to winner, it's so simple.

I think you would be surprised by the quality of Premium 320kbs or alternatively I might be gob smacked at the quality of a really good CDP. Not sure i want to find out! It's just so convenient and easy.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Just trying Angus and Julia Stone, just got off the Big Jet Plane !!

Ok will do

As for Sonos you can control it through a Sonos desktop software so nice and big!! If you can type on here you're to winner, it's so simple.

I think you would be surprised by the quality of Premium 320kbs or alternatively I might be gob smacked at the quality of a really good CDP. Not sure i want to find out! It's just so convenient and easy.

Yer I appreciate the convenience of streaming, got all my albums ripped to an external hard drive, but I just prefer the physical format and the solid reliability of the EMC1UP... never say never though

smiley-smile.gif

Some good upbeat stuff for you here...

Lissie – Catching A Tiger

Mac

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Tooth and Nail by Billy Bragg - It's only a personal opinion but it is my album of the year thus far and I doubt there will have been a better one come 31/12.

Great shout on The Civil Wars - if rumours are true, it's likely to be their last which is a great shame. If not heard already, I would recommend their first album - Barton Hollow. You might even think it's better than the new one!

salparadise

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This week I have been listening to The Beatles - The White Album. I put off listening to this album for ages, worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype.

WhoMadeWho - Space For Rent and Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know are battling for playtime too. Some great tracks.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mac

Yep I know you like the whole un rapping a CD thing and poping it in. I surpose even more so with vinyl! Which I appreciate wish i could be more like it!!

Ill give Catching a Tiger a stream and let you know. Still listening to Angus & Julie, growing on me !

PS i think you shoud start your own thread "Mac's Music" ? what do ya think?

char_lotte

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Sara Lowes, gorgeous vocals and great bass. Really loving this and will be buying the ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu49Cw_YAZw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Hi Mac

Yep I know you like the whole un rapping a CD thing and poping it in. I surpose even more so with vinyl! Which I appreciate wish i could be more like it!!

Ill give Catching a Tiger a stream and let you know. Still listening to Angus & Julie, growing on me !

PS i think you shoud start your own thread "Mac's Music" ? what do ya think?

Worried only ou and poss Electro might follow it lol!

Don't do Vynal anymore... got fed up with scratchy old LP's, but yes used to enjoy the unwrapping process with them too.

Took me a long time to take the plunge and buy Angus&Julia's works as wasn't sure I liked their vocals, but once got the first CD, couldn't stop playing it, so ordered them all!

The same with Laura Veirs.

smiley-smile.gif

Mac

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Macspur said:
char_lotte said:
Sara Lowes, gorgeous vocals and great bass. Really loving this and will be buying the ep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu49Cw_YAZw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Very good.
Indeed very nice char_lotte although Spotify does not have that EP im listening to Back to Creation which im loving.

Mac you might have another follower!! So much to listen too.

Any way im going to take you out of your comfort zone soon and give you a Album to listen to, see what you think............

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
boggit said:
Macspur said:
char_lotte said:
Sara Lowes, gorgeous vocals and great bass. Really loving this and will be buying the ep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu49Cw_YAZw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Very good.
Indeed very nice char_lotte although Spotify does not have that EP im listening to Back to Creation which im loving.

Any way im going to take you out of your comfort zone soon and give you a Album to listen to, see what you think............

Go for it!

smiley-smile.gif

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Macspur said:
boggit said:
Macspur said:
char_lotte said:

Very good.

Go for it!

smiley-smile.gif

[/quote OK Mac Here you go it starts to get different from track 4 and it kind a meanders all over the place I like it its not an obvious Album and the sound quality is not upto Angus and ....but its fun have a good listen and let me know what you think.

Panic At the Disco - Pretty. Odd.

9461647424_fd6d7cec6d_m.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts