What are you listening to?

Page 420 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
DIB said:
At the complete opposite side of the spectrum to Led Zepp, I'm currently really enjoying Richard Thompson's latest offering. Unlike anything he's ever released before..

CDCoverCoS.jpg

Love Led zep + Richard Thompson I tried to buy his new cd in hmv today and was told its not out yet also is it any good rumour and sigh good you me us good ???????????:) :) :) :) :) :)

I bought it direct from Richard Thompson's own website, I'm on his mailing list so I had pre-ordered it.

As I said before, it's unlike anything he's released before. Rumor & Sigh / You Me Us it ain't!

It started off life as a single short piece of music to hightlight the double bass, and morphed into a full length musical.

Features the great Harry Shearer as the orator, a full string section etc. and has songs about serial killers, art critics, gangsters molls, gluttons amongst many. The usual RT objects of scorn!

Whether you'll like it or not I can't possibly say.The nearest to it for the variety would be his 1000 Years of Popular Music album.

Might be worth waiting until it's on Spotify to check it out first.

Personally I love it.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Eric Bibb - I Heard the Angels Singing (live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0WDTtIeSAI

It's recorded on a portable camera so the quality isn't great but the music still shines through and god damn does this man have a lot of soul. So cool. 8)

I had the good fortune to see Eric Bibb a few years ago at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall. Superb night.

Lot's of good stuff on Spotify

Love this track Eric Bibb – World War Blues

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
toyota man said:
What a brilliant track what album is it on ? I am sorry to say that when it come on in the motor I sing along not good!!

It's from an album called Flood.

This is the only song of theirs that I like though. They were a bit of a one hit wonder IMO. But what a hit it was. 'Birdhouse in Your Soul' is one of my all time favourite songs.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
toyota man said:
What a brilliant track what album is it on ? I am sorry to say that when it come on in the motor I sing along not good!!

It's from an album called Flood.

This is the only song of theirs that I like though. They were a bit of a one hit wonder IMO. But what a hit it was. 'Birdhouse in Your Soul' is one of my all time favourite songs.
Thanks for that its one of mine to but I didn't buy it at the time as I thought with a track this good there will be more:cheers: :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS