What are you listening to?

Page 331 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
album-elton-john-by-elton-john.jpg

idc

German post rockers Long Distance Calling's new album, self titled. This is astoundingly good and the tracks 'Into the Black Wide Open' and 'Timebends' are epics.

61WAZ9UtTML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If you fancy trying some post rock, this is definitely one to start with.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
51umhV6%2BKtL._SS500_.jpg

Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi

lg50px990
emotion-3.gif
, great tv but where's the kuro gone dave?

daveh75

maxflinn:lg50px990
emotion-3.gif

Don't worry i haven't taken leave of my senses
emotion-4.gif
emotion-2.gif
I still have the Kuro,but it's now being used in my 'listening room' (spare room/office) where my stereo set-up resides.

The change was driven by the missus/kids believe it or not, partly because they've been bitten by the 3D bug (still doesn't interest me tbh), and partly because the missus has never liked the Kuro, because it's to imposing, plus she's become fed up with the PMCs taking over the living room, so agreed to 'upgrade'/modernise/streamline the A/V kit.

So a few weeks ago i sold my Arcam AV9 and P7 and with the proceeds bought a LG 50PX990, Onkyo TX-NR708 and Oppo BDP-93 and ended up with £400 in my pocket so far. The PMCs are going soon and will be replaced by some small active monitors which be wall mounted so less imposing.

So all round a win win situation, the missus gets the living room back, the kids get 3D, i get the Kuro and Oppo BDP-83SE for use in my 'listening room', and my wallet is/will be considerably fatter
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
maxflinn:lg50px990
emotion-3.gif

Don't worry i haven't taken leave of my senses
emotion-4.gif
emotion-2.gif
I still have the Kuro,but it's now being used in my 'listening room' (spare room/office) where my stereo set-up resides.

The change was driven by the missus/kids believe it or not, partly because they've been bitten by the 3D bug (still doesn't interest me tbh), and partly because the missus has never liked the Kuro, because it's to imposing, plus she's become fed up with the PMCs taking over the living room, so agreed to 'upgrade'/modernise/streamline the A/V kit.

So a few weeks ago i sold my Arcam AV9 and P7 and with the proceeds bought a LG 50PX990, Onkyo TX-NR708 and Oppo BDP-93 and ended up with £400 in my pocket so far. The PMCs are going soon and will be replaced by some small active monitors which be wall mounted so less imposing.

So all round a win win situation, the missus gets the living room back, the kids get 3D, i get the Kuro and Oppo BDP-83SE for use in my 'listening room', and my wallet is/will be considerably fatter
emotion-5.gif

aha, i figured there must have been someone else behind the arrival of the 3d gear
emotion-1.gif
, sounds like you've all got a good deal there amongst all that swapping about, but a kuro and oppo in your listening room and a few bob more in the back sack too
emotion-4.gif
, happy days
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

41DAX31SRGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Royksopp - Melody AM

Snap Dave! I heard Eple today so said I'd give this a listen
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts