What are you listening to?

Page 228 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:nodnarb4444:the_lhc:

nodnarb4444:
51ziOdeTxcL.jpg

Got admit to be surprised to see that one nodnarb, didn't think you listened to stuff like that. How does it compare to their previous album? I liked it initially but after a few listens it didn't seem to be giving me anything more. Kind of made me think of Piano Thrash in concept!

havent heard there other stuff,just piked this up as i liked the sound of it on the i tunes 20 secound preview.and its on the naim label and have found there stuff to be produced really well in the past,

Ah ok, interesting, the previous album was called Loud, Louder, Stop. Which is quite a good description of the album actually.

this album sounds really good and its kind off chill out music for me,early sunday afternoon stuff.

Sounds nothing like the previous album then, you'd never call that "chill out music" if you'd heard it!

as for types of music i listen to i dont think i have a type, years ago i would listen to one type of music and buy everything thay did now i tend to listen to a much wider range of stuff.

my favroutes if you wanna have a listen,hobo,by charlie winston, the people tree ,mother earth

are they album names or bands?

(hamond organ sound really nice on this)

Oh, well if you like the sound of the Hammond organ, you really should check out Medeski, Martin and Wood, I'd say maybe Combustication, Uninvisible and End of the World Party (Just in Case) are pretty easy to get into, Out Louder with John Scofield is good as well, some of the earlier stuff and the new Radiolarians CDs are a lot more improvisational and perhaps a bit harder to get into. Or you could just pick up Note Bleu, which is a compilation of their time on Blue Note, this also features some of their acoustic tracks (John Medeski will basically play anything with a keyboard!), including a very chilled out cover of Hey Joe if that's your bag.

I nearly bought a Hammond organ a few weeks back, the local recycling centre had taken one in, a 70s model with built in tape recorder but I didn't think I'd be able to get in the back of the car. And I can't play a note.
ive tryed to play many instrument over the years and im defenatly a listener not a player.however i can play about 30 secounds of wonderwall on the guitar and people have recognised it so there maybe hope yet.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:nodnarb4444:the_lhc:

nodnarb4444:
51ziOdeTxcL.jpg

Got admit to be surprised to see that one nodnarb, didn't think you listened to stuff like that. How does it compare to their previous album? I liked it initially but after a few listens it didn't seem to be giving me anything more. Kind of made me think of Piano Thrash in concept!

havent heard there other stuff,just piked this up as i liked the sound of it on the i tunes 20 secound preview.and its on the naim label and have found there stuff to be produced really well in the past,

Ah ok, interesting, the previous album was called Loud, Louder, Stop. Which is quite a good description of the album actually.

this album sounds really good and its kind off chill out music for me,early sunday afternoon stuff.

Sounds nothing like the previous album then, you'd never call that "chill out music" if you'd heard it!

as for types of music i listen to i dont think i have a type, years ago i would listen to one type of music and buy everything thay did now i tend to listen to a much wider range of stuff.

my favroutes if you wanna have a listen,hobo,by charlie winston, the people tree ,mother earth

are they album names or bands?

(hamond organ sound really nice on this)

Oh, well if you like the sound of the Hammond organ, you really should check out Medeski, Martin and Wood, I'd say maybe Combustication, Uninvisible and End of the World Party (Just in Case) are pretty easy to get into, Out Louder with John Scofield is good as well, some of the earlier stuff and the new Radiolarians CDs are a lot more improvisational and perhaps a bit harder to get into. Or you could just pick up Note Bleu, which is a compilation of their time on Blue Note, this also features some of their acoustic tracks (John Medeski will basically play anything with a keyboard!), including a very chilled out cover of Hey Joe if that's your bag.

I nearly bought a Hammond organ a few weeks back, the local recycling centre had taken one in, a 70s model with built in tape recorder but I didn't think I'd be able to get in the back of the car. And I can't play a note.

(hobo) is the name of the album by charlie winston(artist)

and the other album is the people tree by (mother earth)thay came about in the early 90s on the acid jazz label i really like them as i find thay suit any mood im in. played low you can relax to them and turned up a bit thay relly come alive thay did other albums like stoned woman but people tree is the best i think,thay had a guy called matt deighton aparently hes pretty good musician

any way thanx for the album tips i will check out the medeski stuff and the first neil cowley album at the weekend i can usually get a pretty good idea if im going to lke an album by using the i tunes 30 secound sample on a couple of album tracks and if it sounds good i will pop down hmv and hope thay have a copy
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Great, pleased you like it Dave. Excellent isn't it. Their respective solo back catalogue (Mark Shreeve and Ian Boddy), along with the previous Arc releases and Redshift (Mark Shreeve) stuff is also worth checking out.

daveh75

Graham_Thomas:Great, pleased you like it Dave. Excellent isn't it. Their respective solo back catalogue (Mark Shreeve and Ian Boddy), along with the previous Arc releases and Redshift (Mark Shreeve) stuff is also worth checking out.Cheers will check out their back catalogues...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts