What are you listening to?

Page 199 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
10731-wooden-shjips.jpg

Wooden Shjips - Wooden Shjips

Bit late getting into this lot, but great. Nice psyche/rock thing with emphasis on groove.

daveh75

A Quirky,Downbeat and Up-tempo fusion of Electrofunk,Bigbeat and Acid Jazz sounds(in a similar vein to Jaga Jazzist) from Norwegian duo, Xploding Plastix......

51gIHUpqSDL._SS500_.jpg

Xploding Plastix-Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents

A

Anonymous

am enjoying this as had a rough week .... a good 10 year old South African Merlot wine ... some olives, Feta cheese and Gipsy Kings on the Hifi (don't know what they are singing about though)

lonely boy

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
On a bit of a Fushitsusha/Keji Haino trip at the moment.

fushitsusha-cdcover5.jpg
thecautionappearscc6.jpg

tdcd_01.jpg
R-719725-1191499767.jpg

A Death Never to be Complete/The Caution Appears
"C'est Parfait" Endoctriné Tu Tombes La Tête La Première/Pathetique

A

Anonymous

Hi Idc,

Like a bit of prog......checked out your recommendation.They are very good ...if not slightly scarey. I liked there album Slidd Neger. I haven't clue what it's about but still excellent.

I can point you in the direction of my friends band. The Sine Star Project and there album Blue Born Earth Boy.

It's on Spotify and for me the stand out tracks are Open your eyes, Strange Girl, Wolf River, Down Down,

There are so many influnces on this band I think ........ Jeff Buckley, Air , Muse, Dereck and the Dominoes,Queen.

D

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site

No idea why I decided to seek this out from my collection this morning, not played it in years!

I looked on t'interweb for info on the boy who played the banjo in the movie and found this pic

His name in the movie was Lonnie and was played by Billy Redden. I was disappointed to learn that he doesn't actually play the banjo, he wore a special shirt so a young banjo player could reach around him putting his hands through Redden's shirt and play the banjo for him in the movie.

A

Anonymous

mikegtar:http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab181/mikegtar/?action=view&current=dueling-banjos-delivrance.jpg No idea why I decided to seek this out from my collection this morning, not played it in years! I looked on t'interweb for info on the boy who played the banjo in the movie and found this pic http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab181/mikegtar/?action=view&current=deliverancekid1.jpg His name in the movie was Lonnie and was played by Billy Redden. I was disappointed to learn that he doesn't actually play the banjo, he wore a special shirt so a young banjo player could reach around him putting his hands through Redden's shirt and play the banjo for him in the movie.

I have the cd in my collection .... have not heard it for years ... may have a listen a bit later

idc

Do you need a little lift? Want to listen to something irresistably foot-tapping? 'We're On Your Side'

51JQWYnW4KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

PS thanks for the recommendation brittondave. Ulver can be scarey, yes. Their origins are in the Norwegian Death extreme metal scene and generally speaking Norwegian prog has an edge to it otherwise missing from the other Nordic countries.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts