What are my wireless streaming options for Denon DM-38 unit that would allow me to utilise built-in DAC ? Please help guys!

kakalin7

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been using my DM-38 for the past few years mainly for listening 320kbps mp3's via USB port, rarely CD's and FM radio to some extent. I love the sound that this unit produces but I've grown tired of constantly having to take out the USB stick, copy new songs and plug it back in whenever I wanted to listen to something new.

Is there any option available to me that would allow me to stream music from my laptop or android phone via WIFI or bluetooth and still use the built-in DAC to process it ?

I looked around a bit and all of the gear that supports streaming seems to have its own DAC as they have analogue audio output.

I appreciate all suggestions

Thanks!

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
There are no WiFi or bluetooth options.

A 3.5mm jack to stereo RCA is your best option.

If your pc has an audio out Jack it'll work in AUX.

It'll also work from the earphone out but results may vary.

Its what my daughter uses from the tablet or her HTC one. She's happy with it.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you want to leave your music files in the computer, and don't mind having it on while you listen to music, a DLNA system may work for you. You'd need to plug a DLNA renderer to your hi-fi system—something for example like this—, install a DLNA server in your computer, and a controller app in your phone. That you way you can stream the music to the hi-fi system from the computer through the network, and control the playback with your phone.

Another solution might be a NAS device directly connected to the hi-fi system, so you don't need the computer anymore.

kakalin7

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
There are no WiFi or bluetooth options.

A 3.5mm jack to stereo RCA is your best option.

If your pc has an audio out Jack it'll work in AUX.

It'll also work from the earphone out but results may vary.

Its what my daughter uses from the tablet or her HTC one. She's happy with it.

Yeah this would work but unfortunatelly I would be relying on a subpar quality DAC in my phone/laptop as I would be feeding already processed analog signal to my hifi. This is what I want to avoid, thanks for the suggestion though.

unsleepable said:
If you want to leave your music files in the computer, and don't mind having it on while you listen to music, a DLNA system may work for you. You'd need to plug a DLNA renderer to your hi-fi system—something for example like this—, install a DLNA server in your computer, and a controller app in your phone. That you way you can stream the music to the hi-fi system from the computer through the network, and control the playback with your phone.

Another solution might be a NAS device directly connected to the hi-fi system, so you don't need the computer anymore.

I was looking at something similar to what you have linked. The only problem is that DM-38 doesn't have digital optical input.

I might do some research about NAS devices as I'm not really familiar with those. Thanks for advice.

kakalin7

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
This is the solution I am looking for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evnN34xI1LE

Too bad it hasn't reached its funding goal through kickstarter so it's only in a concept stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts