What amplifier?

cermic

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Around 2019 I bought a set up for listening to vinyls: Rega Planar 3 + Arcam SA10 amplifier + Linn Majik 109 speakers. This worked really nice in a small apartment but once moved into a big house, the speakers were insufficient and I replaced them with really old ones : LEEDH Psyche 2 with 100W.

This left me with Linn Majik 109 without a use. Now I'd like to use them in order to listen to the music from Deezer/Spotify in my small bureau. The idea is to play it from the laptop or iPhone and it can go directly into the amplifier or via my soundcard (Komplete Audio 6) into Majik 109. Can you please recommend me an amplifier that could be used for that purpose and that could be connected with the other mentioned devices? I'm thinking thinking about 450 - 1500 eur to spend. Preferably less but want to make sure it is all well connected and the sound is good. I lack the expertise and get lost in articles about amplifiers.

Thank you
Michal

Gray

I reckon a nice silver or black Audiolab 6000A could suit you perfectly Michal.
Unfortunately you're a bit late for the original RRP, as it's just jumped by 8.5%, but it's still at the lower end of your budget.

It will take a digital output from your soundcard (so you'd be using its DAC instead of the one on the soundcard).
Also has a built in Bluetooth receiver and a phono input if ever you need them.

cermic

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
I reckon a nice silver or black Audiolab 6000A could suit you perfectly Michal.
Unfortunately you're a bit late for the original RRP, as it's just jumped by 8.5%, but it's still at the lower end of your budget.

It will take a digital output from your soundcard (so you'd be using its DAC instead of the one on the soundcard).
Also has a built in Bluetooth receiver and a phono input if ever you need them.

Thank you for the advice. I had a look at several websites and reviews and people say only good things about this amplifier. Believe it might be the right one for my setup!

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Thank you for the advice. I had a look at several websites and reviews and people say only good things about this amplifier. Believe it might be the right one for my setup!
I don't think you can go wrong, quite fancy trying one myself. There's a happy owner on this forum that has found that it didn't exactly disgrace itself when he compared it to £1000-£1500 Arcam and Hegel.
If you do go for one, please give us your thoughts 👍

Reactions: cermic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts