What amp?

cbr woody

Sep 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, as a total newbie to this forum I feel a bit of an amateur after reading of some of the set ups you all have. I'm after some advice please as to an amp. I have Mission 750 le speakers, Pioneer PDS 703 cd player and have in the last 2 weeks treated myself to a Regar Planar 2 turntable. As you can gather it's an old set up, 30 yrs plus I've had it. My amp is showing signs of passing away and I'm looking for a new one. My bro in law recommended that I look at Onkyo which I did and I've kind of fallen for the A-9130. Problem is that I've been told that Onkyo can be a bit sensitive to the speakers they are matched up with, something about the impedence that can cause problems. The Missions have a nominal impedence of 6 ohms. Should I look at a different amp or does anyone know if the Onkyo would be ok? That is if and when they come back on the market. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all, as a total newbie to this forum I feel a bit of an amateur after reading of some of the set ups you all have. I'm after some advice please as to an amp. I have Mission 750 le speakers, Pioneer PDS 703 cd player and have in the last 2 weeks treated myself to a Regar Planar 2 turntable. As you can gather it's an old set up, 30 yrs plus I've had it. My amp is showing signs of passing away and I'm looking for a new one. My bro in law recommended that I look at Onkyo which I did and I've kind of fallen for the A-9130. Problem is that I've been told that Onkyo can be a bit sensitive to the speakers they are matched up with, something about the impedence that can cause problems. The Missions have a nominal impedence of 6 ohms. Should I look at a different amp or does anyone know if the Onkyo would be ok? That is if and when they come back on the market. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would look at Rega's new io amplifier.
A little more expensive, I'm a big fan of this brand. Creek Evo 50. The only drawback is you'll have to factor in a outboard phono stage. Otherwise a fabulous amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts