what am i doing wrong?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there guys, so i just bought myself a pair of monster ibeats, i need to know should these in ears be played in first? reason why i ask is because to me they feel as if they have very little bass...i bought them purely because i was told that that would deliver good sound an very low bass notes for the R&B i listen too....i'm not expecting loads of earth shattering bass like i receive from my cans which are not the best, i know(aerial7 choppers cost R300) but damn for the price that the ibeats are costing in south africa (cost R1400), one really expected someting much more......also what else would you guys recommend?..............i tried finding sound magic's over here but no-one seems to stock them......listened to a set of bose, foldables, the one that go over your ear, and they sound really good, I'm looking for something well balanced but able to really dig into R&B music?............must be an in ear tho preferbly with a mic for my ipod.......i welcome all suggestions!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Lack of bass with in-ear headphones can be down to their fit; if they're not seated properly in your ears, you're not hearing what they're capable of. I don't know the iBeats well - assuming they come with different-sized ear tips, try finding the best fit for your ears, making sure they fit snugly and that they're not being pulled out of your ears as you listen.

A

Anonymous

thanx Claire, for the feedback....i've tried the various buds supplied with the ibeats and found that i need to push them pretty deep to get any decent bass, which aint to comfortable, the other reason for doing so is because the ibeats earphones are so heavy( solid metal that are quite heavy for its size) they keep falling out, weird! Despite this i found them a bit bright an only when played at high volumes does the bass start to kick in(ouch).

Do you have any other recommedations for in ear headphones with solid bass? was thinking of getting a set of bose in ears? anything else thats worth listening too?

once again thanx

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like, as I mentioned, that the headphones are being pulled out of your ears - you really won't hear the bass in that case. Try looping the headphone cable over your ear before inserting the earbud: that should keep things better in place.

Try that before you think of another purchase.

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain Xen!

I've had several sets of in-ear phones over the last 10 years and all of them havent had perfect fit out of the box...damn my awkward ears!

As Clare suggests I usually got the best results by looping the cables over the top of my ears, really helps to stabilise the individual units. The solution that worked for me though was to use Comply foam tips instead of the supplied rubber/silicone tips. The only problem with this is that you have to keep buying more every few months and they arent exactly cheap...

A

Anonymous

Ok so i ended up returning the earphones,....and while i was there the store manager let me listen to a set of beats tour, which sounded awsum!..i utilzed all the advice you guys posted and really got sum good bass out of those earphones. Unfortunately the price (R2200) wss not so great for my pocket....so with a heavy heart i returned the headsets. Oh well i will just have to continue my search then....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts