What!? Actually I think this is funny....

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pinkdonut/rokblok-a-new-spin-on-vinyl?ref=7mx216&utm_source=jellop&utm_medium=facebook&utm_term=1.jellopcrowdfunding.com&utm_campaign=CB&utm_content=Rokblok-CB2

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
Just who's going to take LP's on a picnic?

29cb764ce3d9b2407a3dfa41c8b3ceeb.jpg

chebby said:
Al ears said:
spiny norman said:
Al ears said:
Just who's going to take LP's on a picnic?

Perhaps I should have added 'these days'...... :)

I knew that was coming...... I hereby withdraw my comment.. Ruddy nutters. :)

I never knew Crossley did those, bit of a ****** in a backpack. Looks decidedly posed as I am sure it is mains powered.... ;-)

Canguino Purlat

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I remember a little promo record player, back in the seventies, when I was a boy. It was so little that you could hold it on the palm of your hand, made of cardboard. I don't remember exactly how it worked, but I recall it had a tiny tonearm with a even tinier stylus, that you put on a cute plastic record. You made it work with a crank on its side, and it played the promo tune (from an appliances store) through a horn. No batteries, it worked by pure mechanical amplification of vibration, so neither volume nor good tone. But I liked it a lot, I wish my parents had kept it, it would be cool now.

D

Deleted member 108165

This approach is years old. When I was a nipper it was a matchbox with a sewing needle driven through the sliding portion; to increase the volume you just opened the matchbox more... totally ruined my parents record collection though *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts