What a mind boggling situation

Galidou

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
So here's my situation. I started my trip in ''Hi-Fi'' with some paradigm monitor 9 v6 a NAD C325BEE, loved the bass but were too bright and caused fatigue over time. Stumbled across a pair Paradigm Studio 20's v3 which are said to be some of their most neutral speakers on the studio line to date. Loved quite everything but lacked the bass and are a little more laid back to my taste but not by much. They tend to be a little on the warm side I'd say from my experience but the NAD seems add to the warmth while adding a hollow sound at times(might be my source or my room). I listen to a wide range of music from classical, jazz, old rock to metal, death metal, techno, dubstep, and so on... In other words, I like the finesse and subtleties of high quality, well recorded music and the sheer power, visceral growling bass of metal and dubstep.

So I'm looking to purchase a SVS SB12-NSD thing is I can't use the pre-out of the NAD as there's no inside link for the pre/power amp. I'd be interested by an integrated or separates for 600$ or less used or new. Now I have the opportunity to get a Yamaha A-S500 for 330$ shipped used one month not even broken in or a Rotel RA-1062 for 520$ shipped but with chances of paying duty on top of that. From what I read, those integrated would be brighter than the nad while being more detailed at the same time and a little more forward. I was looking at an Emotiva USP-1 pre that I could hook up to the NAD's power amp but unsure they would fit well together.

I live quite far from big cities, can't bring anything home, just trying to pick something from the reviews and people commenting on the internet. That's been 2 months now and it's obsessing me to a degree I didn't think was possible, I guess Hi-Fi gear tends to do that. So I'd just like to buy the amplifier that should suit my needs and never ever look back on my decision.

Did my best to explain considering english is not my main language. If there's any point I missed, don't hesitate to ask questions. Your help will be really appreciated and useful for my upcoming decision. Please help me I need to relieve my body of that stress, my lower back will thank you. :)

Sources: Rotel RDV-1060 for CDs and 320kbps MP3/FLAC through computer using an Asus Xonar Essence STX with headphone DAC(for my senns HD595).

Thanks for reading me.

Denis P.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Several years ago I have a NAD C352 with Mission V63 speakers. I also found the NAD dissapointing for similar reasons to what you've stated. I replaced the Nad with a Rotel 1070/1080 pre and power amp combo and had one of the most satisfying systems I've owned (I sold it when I migrated and still miss it). So in your situation I'd give the Rotel 1062 integrated a try, as it might just give you what you're looking for.

NOTE: I don't think NAD is bad, but it just didn't give me the sound I was seeking in my setup. Whereas the Rotel was just what the doctor ordered.

Galidou

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
+1 Rotel RA-1062

I forgot to say the RA-1062 is two years old and could cost up to 600$ with duty, almost double the Yamaha. My main question is would I really see marginal benefit from going with the Rotel instead of the Yamaha, what's the difference between those two? Is there anything for the money I'm willing to spend that will offer me pre-out or Sub out and marginal improvement over the Yamaha and/or the rotel?

Thanks for your quick answer!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts