Wharfedale Triton 3 Speakers

• Thread starter BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW
  • Start date
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I saw a pair of these in good cosmetic condition for £30 in a charity shop, and wondered what they were like.]

1382099249.Classic-HiFi-Wharfedale-Triton.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

plastic penguin said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I saw a pair of these in good cosmetic condition for £30 in a charity shop, and wondered what they were like.

Can't say for sure, but they do have a whiff of Linton XP2s about the drivers and cabinet size (based on the photo).

They weren't small, or light, I'd guess around 2 foot tall, and they took a bit of lifting as I had to lean over some stuff on the floor to reach them. I usually associate weight with quality, but I know that's not always the case.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

chebby said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I saw a pair of these in good cosmetic condition for £30 in a charity shop, and wondered what they were like.]

Just get them anyway. Got to be worth a punt for £30.

It was a few miles away, but they've had them in there for a little while, so next time I'm over there, I'll pick them up. They had 2 other pairs of vintage speakers too, some Wharfedale Dentons (I think), and some Dynatron LS something or others. As you can see, I'm not overly knowledgeable on vintage hi-fi. *smile*

Andrewjvt said:
I had an old pair of dentons that sounded great

Impressive little speakers. My friend had some Dentons for years back in the late 70s (XP2 version). Sounded good with a mix of amps.

I owned Linton XP2 and E20s to the same effect. Can't go wrong with old Wharfedales. Rank Organisation certainly knew how to construct affordable speakers.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

There seems to be a bit of love for old Wharfedale's, and I've just remembered, I've got a pair of Denton 2XP's up in the attic. I note the slight difference in model number, does that mean that XP2's and 2XP's are slightly different?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

plastic penguin said:
Not heard the 2XPs. Can't imagine they will be a big difference. Could be wrong though.

You weren't looking in the mirror, were you? *biggrin*

*biggrin*

No. I've had a quick look, and XP2's came after the 2XP's (I think), though they're basically the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts