wharfedale system with marantz amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, thinking of getting a marantz pm6003 amp and using some wharfedale diamond 10.1s with it. My question is there is also a wharfedale 10.cc centre speaker, would it be worth adding that to the system? and if it is, would I be able to run everything off the marantz successfully?

The 10.cc centre speaker

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2965&md=2017b7897e4b544299c79e27b6769ed4

Beings as both the amp and 10.1s are what hifi winners, I'm guessing this would be a nice sounding set up?

Also if I was to get this system can anyone reccomend exactly which cables I should use?

Thanks for your help :)

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
If it's the pm6003 amp, than you can't connect anything to a centre channel since there isn't one. The pm6003 is a stereo amp.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
ElliotLloyd:right, will the system sound good without it then?

The Diamond 10cc is a key speaker in the Wharfedale home cinema surround system. Based on using the 10.1 stereo speakers for the front left and right channels, the 10cc is sited underneath or above the tv as the centre speaker, whose main purpose is to accurately place the dialogue close to the screen during movies. (For music in 5.1 surround, its duties are more complex of course).

A stereo system can not use a centre speaker; a well-matched system, like the current NAD or Marantz 5 star products, will without doubt sound great with the Diamond 10.1 stereo speakers.

Chord Carnival Silver Screen or QED Silver Anniversary are highly regarded speaker cables that can be found at affordable prices.

A

Anonymous

Thanks :) I think I'm going to save up for the PM6003 and some 10.1s with Chord cabling.

Looking at the PM6003 it's weird that I can buy a black one for £250 but the cheapest silver one is £280? I couldn't see any difference apart from colour..

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
my CA system was £500 cheaper in silver than in black, (although this is slightly misleading as the silver one was on a deal) normally just depends on the popularity of the colour choice.

bernasmeister

May 1, 2009
Visit site
ElliotLloyd, you know that in most UK high-street dealers you can get a combo Marantz CD 6003 + Marantz PM 6003 + Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 for around £590.

That's a CD 6003 for only £90 (instead of £299.90).

If you're not into CD listening then you should try and bring the price of the amp+speakers down: dealers should have some margin on these.

A

Anonymous

I don't want the CD player at all to be honest, I tend to play music straight from the laptop :) do you reckon I could get a deal without the CD player or would it be best to buy the lot and sell the CD player?

A

Anonymous

you should try and get the deal, if not sell the CD player, or try and listen to it maybe you will like it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts