Wharfedale or Tannoy

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I will be buying the Onkyo 606 when it comes out to complement my panasonic DMPBD30. I have been looking at a speaker package that will give me good 5.1 HD audio and a nice stereo sound but at a budget. Currently thinking Wharfedale Diamond 9.1av or the Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs.

Will these speakers do the system justice or should I be looking elsewhere around this pricepoint?

Cheers

Jon

A

Anonymous

Stupid question, I have a cheap (£150) samsung home cinema in a box thing at the moment. Its fine for cinema but its not jaw dropping by any means. Also music is woeful, anything even a little detailed gets messy. With a Tannoy/onkyo set up say, will I be noticing a significant difference in all areas?

Also probably a question for the Hi Fi bit, but will hooking up something like a Marantz cd6002 deliver a decent enough hifi sound?

Cheers

John Duncan

To answer your first question - if you're using the little speakers that came with a £150 all-in-one, yes you'll be blown away in all departments by an amp and speaker upgrade.

But to answer your second - yes, the 6002 will sound better but less obviously so than the Onkyo/Speakers - I'd be inclined to stick with the BD player to begin with till you start thinking it's being hamstrung by the player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts