We've built a great value CD player system that ticks all boxes and won't break the bank

Johan Bottema

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Friesiansam

Why on earth would you still buy a CD player if you are on a budget. A streamer service is so much cheaper than buying new CD's. Hook your laptop up to a cheap DAC (they all work fine, easy to find a good measuring one).
Loads of good used CDs are available online and, can be cheap as chips. Also, just because someone is buying a budget system, that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't already have many CDs.

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
A massive issue with CD players is the lack of spares. Linn can no longer replace the transports on many of their players. Naim can no longer supply spares for their earlier CD players.

If I were starting today, it would be vinyl, or digital streaming.

I have a Pink Triangle turntable, a Topping D90LE DAC controlled using Roon, Naim amplification, and Kudos speakers.

manicm

A massive issue with CD players is the lack of spares. Linn can no longer replace the transports on many of their players. Naim can no longer supply spares for their earlier CD players.

If I were starting today, it would be vinyl, or digital streaming.

I have a Pink Triangle turntable, a Topping D90LE DAC controlled using Roon, Naim amplification, and Kudos speakers.

That's true, but I would choose a maker who can guarantee service for a good length of time. Naim has given up upon CD - yes they still offer the slightly upgraded CD5si, but that's their only model, and for the price it's comprehensively bettered by other players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts