Well

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

JoelSim:Good call. Think I'll get some too

After all that alcohol, the Arcams may sound alright.

Yeah!,....... riiight
emotion-2.gif

At least you can both enjoy the biscuits :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Progress report.

The CD has been on all night and since I got home this evening.

Whereas the 92 pushed me towards beautiful music, by that I mean Beautiful South, Groove Armada, Jack Johnson, Everything but the Girl, George Micahel...the 192 has pushed me towards some old favourites. I have listened to The Stone Roses (twice), and Second Coming by the aforementioned, which is on at the moment and I'm dancing round my kitchen. The bird is out, the baby is asleep, and I'm lovin' it (to coin a phrase). The 192 has much more pace in its armoury, it's almost as if I've bought some Naim kit.

Clare, no more Mr Nice Arcam. I think that's right. I just hope that the mellower tunes are also going to be as special.

JD, come on down!!!!! It's now gone up to 3 bottles of Fleurie as the music is king and the wine is cheap!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:JoelSim:Mr JD, when that time has come you must join me to hear a proper system.

I would love to, and would love to eat my words. I heard the 192 once and liked it a lot - it's only the Alpha 7/8/9 and Diva72/73 and the amps I have a problem with
emotion-1.gif

John, may i ask what it is about the 72 you dont like? i replaced my much more highly acclaimed CA 640cV2 with a 72T. when i had my first listen with the 72t with the rest of my setup i never even bothered plugging the 640c back in!
i notice a few people have commented that they think arcam has a "warm" sound however, i have never noticed any warmth with the arcam kit i have used and that includes the alpha 8 and 8p i owned prior to my a400.
just my opinion of course

A

Anonymous

in reply to the wines... this time of year i find a nice chilled Semillon Chardonnay goes down a treat. Australian of course! either from Rosemount Estate, Hardys or Jacobs Creek.

John Duncan

ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit:JohnDuncan:JoelSim:Mr JD, when that time has come you must join me to hear a proper system.

I would love to, and would love to eat my words. I heard the 192 once and liked it a lot - it's only the Alpha 7/8/9 and Diva72/73 and the amps I have a problem with
emotion-1.gif

John, may i ask what it is about the 72 you dont like? i replaced my much more highly acclaimed CA 640cV2 with a 72T. when i had my first listen with the 72t with the rest of my setup i never even bothered plugging the 640c back in!
i notice a few people have commented that they think arcam has a "warm" sound however, i have never noticed any warmth with the arcam kit i have used and that includes the alpha 8 and 8p i owned prior to my a400.
just my opinion of course

I've just found them a bit one-dimensional and not terribly exciting. But as I say, this was their budget kit - their more expensive kit is clearly better, though didn't like the 37 I heard recently, primarily because it didn't handle vocals very well, either in terms of imaging or clarity - the caspian I tried after it was better.

But does it matter? You like it!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well...

It's about 30 hours in now, and 2 bbqs down, people happy, mother in law ratar*ed blah blah. Very good, it's a different sound to what I'm used to, but it also has the family feel. I'm liking it so far.

Clare, it's too early for me to review, I'd rather spend some time and then give a proper one to be honest, I think it will be pretty positive but I need to sit and listen properly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts