JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It's now been swapped. The 92 has gone. Long live the 192,

But seriously, initial impressions after 2 hours, are that the 192 has more bass. But being only 2 hours old it doesn't have the warmth yet, although a number of tracks have suggested that will come. I have also noticed a couple of little bits of detail that maybe I haven't before, but there's not too much in it so far.

Time will tell, it's going on repeat for the next few days, permanently on just until it's run in.

Mr JD, when that time has come you must join me to hear a proper system.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Yes I've seen your posts and the systems are similar. I have to say 99/100 I have to force myself to switch the damn thing off because I have to go to work the next day, it's very rare that I switch it off willingly.

What stand are you using?

Also my ProAcs have a very different sound to my Dalis. Both good, but different. The Dalis are much more sensitive too. Often I switch between them and end up having to go back to the living room to turn the volume up as the kitchen is quieter than I expected. The Dalis are deffo the more mellow.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
The studio 140's are floorstanders so no stands, I've not heard the Dalis but have read some juicy reviews. At last someone that's not Arcam bashing.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I forgot to add, I followed your thread when you was getting your 192, GREAT PRICE. I was gutted because I purchased mine last autumn and not long after shops started discounting. Just bad timimg. Fab cdp though.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Andy H:The studio 140's are floorstanders so no stands, I've not heard the Dalis but have read some juicy reviews. At last someone that's not Arcam bashing.

Equipment stand I meant

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I only say it because I noticed a startling difference when I put my rack in, loads more detail. I was astounded, open mouthed for about a week.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Can't really comment as I bought the rack at the same time so it's always been played on there. I'm still working through my cd's though and I'm hearing details I never heard before. I upgraded from a CD63MKII KI and I thought that was good.

John Duncan

JoelSim:Mr JD, when that time has come you must join me to hear a proper system.

I would love to, and would love to eat my words. I heard the 192 once and liked it a lot - it's only the Alpha 7/8/9 and Diva72/73 and the amps I have a problem with
emotion-1.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Haha... I like your thinking Joel :)

Hmmm... If i come down with a decent chateauneuf du pape, fleurie or a lovely bottle of Chateau Musar (i know its from the Bekka Valley in Lebenon but its still owned by a french vinter) Can i come and listen too... :)

With regards to JD - Why do you have issues with the Arcam Alpha 9 range? To me it's got a better over all sound than most of the Arcam amps bar some of the DiVA and FMJ range

John Duncan

fr0g:Call me common, but I do like a good Australian Shiraz over a similarly priced French any day... :)

Not common at all - I'd rather have a new world sparkling over 'proper' champagne any day, until you get into Dom territory.

Having said that, Shiraz a bit thick for me - a Fleurie (or most other good Beaujolais, provided it's not the Nouveau rubbish they sell us English) is lighter, bit easier to quaff. Shiraz is good if you want to line your mouth with fur the next day, though even then I'd probably go for a nice Chianti (or a big Amarone) for that purpose. Thp-thp-thp........

A

Anonymous

fr0g:Call me common, but I do like a good Australian Shiraz over a similarly priced French any day... :)
Shiraz, Syrah, it's a French grape anyway. A lot of good French wine is Syrah but without the bubblegum richness of a lot of the cheaper Aus stuff. To get a decent Aus one you have to spend disproportionately more cash than on French. Whatever floats your boat!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:fr0g:Call me common, but I do like a good Australian Shiraz over a similarly priced French any day... :)
Shiraz, Syrah, it's a French grape anyway. A lot of good French wine is Syrah but without the bubblegum richness of a lot of the cheaper Aus stuff. To get a decent Aus one you have to spend disproportionately more cash than on French. Whatever floats your boat!

You see thats how I view French wine. To get a good one you have to spend. While I can buy a decent bottle of Aus shiraz for £6-£8, a similar priced frenchie is often a bit nasty.

Although at this time of year, on a hot day with a baked salmon I do like a good bottle of Pouilly-Fum‚... yummy.

John Duncan

d_a_n1979:Majestic Wines have GdB Fleurie at 3 for £10 currently.

Its min buy 12bottles but at that price; who can complain!!!

Nice spot. One at the bottom of my road, and the manager's a dad at school - Joel, I'll bring two.
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts