well i have just come back from the shops with...

nads

a Dac Magic.

now to see what the noise is all about.

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

al7478:
And how is it?

C'mon, chop-chop!!!

Patience is a virtue, young 7478.ÿ

nads

the main reason is for the net radio.. but that will have to wait ti,, tomorrow as i need an optical interconnect.

so at the momment it is being feed buy the CD transport.

Mmm

nads

JohnDuncan:nads:the inbuilt DACs in the CDP are as good as the DAC magic.

Told you
emotion-5.gif

well you did not directly.

as i had not thought about buying one till today, It was a spur of the moment thing.

Or the CDP is a C542.

John Duncan

I'm going to have to try that now obviously...

Possibly light leaking into the optical input while you're using the electrical input? I found that having both plugged in at once worked with the electrical until I tried feeding optical at the same time (this is with the same channel obviously, which you're not supposed to do), which cut the whole thing off.

Anyway, got an optical lead yet?

nads

Errr.

not much to say.

It out puts at what seems a higher volume than the Media streamer does so it makes comparisons a little errmmm.

it may seem a bit more open in sound but... it will do what i wanted it to do but i feel something cheaper could have done it as well.

I dont know if it is the CA effect.

In that every time i hear there stuff it just leaves me flat.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nads:
Errr.

not much to say.

It out puts at what seems a higher volume than the Media streamer does so it makes comparisons a little errmmm.

it may seem a bit more open in sound but... it will do what i wanted it to do but i feel something cheaper could have done it as well.

I dont know if it is the CA effect.

In that every time i hear there stuff it just leaves me flat.

What amp and speakers do you have Nads?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nads:
pop into the show us your kit forum....

bi-amped C 372 and C 373 driving a pair of 703's

just a thought the files were WAV files...

I'm very surprised with that kit that you are not getting spectacular (not just better) results using lossless files. Are you using coaxial from pc to pre amp?

A

Anonymous

I couldnt tell the difference between the DM and a Beresford (which is about half the price iirc). Double blind testing revealed no significant trend as to the sound I preferred.

The DM does look more Hifi in its appearance though, but I think it's a bit overhyped, especially on this forum

Im also not a CA 'snob'. I have the DVD99 as a dvd/cd player for my AVI ADM9's

nads

with the lossless files i am streaming to a soundbridge (wired network) them i tested both optical and coax out to the DAC.

and earlier the coax out from the CDP (C542) to the DAC.

Cable: coax QED Quennex, optical Supra. Dac to amp Chord silver plus IIRC.

Now dont get me wrong it does not sound bad. just ---- Meh --- whats the fuss about....

A

Anonymous

Well the good thing is if you are not satisfied with the product you can return it but, does this mean you don't think it's as good as the audio from your Nad c542?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts