Well done Yamaha

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Squall Leonhart said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
I currently have mine in its box because the Av amplifier I brought made the WXC50 redundant as my RX1070 has the airplay already

but to be honest I miss it so might hook it back up again but it’s a extra box when I have the 1070 sitting there with that function on it .

Do you still use your AS2100 when listening to stereo music?
most definitely

i use the A-S2100 for music but it also runs my main left and rights for home cinema as I have my Yamaha RX1070 hooked up with my Yamaha A-S 2100 through the pre-outs to main in it works really well .

as I love music and films so better to have a Av and a amplifier so you do not lose the quality

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
most definitely

i use the A-S2100 for music but it also runs my main left and rights for home cinema as I have my Yamaha RX1070 hooked up with my Yamaha A-S 2100 through the pre-outs to main in it works really well .

as I love music and films so better to have a Av and a amplifier so you do not lose the quality

Nice! I own the AS301 and that already sounds good for the money. The AS2100 must be amazing.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Squall Leonhart said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
most definitely

Nice! I own the AS301 and that already sounds good for the money. The AS2100 must be amazing.
yes very pleased with the A-S2100 and the A-S CD player I’ve had both now for over a year 6 months or more and have no feelings of upgrading anything which is a first for me *smile*

i think yamaha make some fantastic products and they really know what they are doing when it comes down to music and Av and the quality of the A-S2100 is top quality and well worth the money .

So do you like the Yamaha A-S301 and it’s CD player then what do you think of them both ? Or are thinking about going up the Yamaha ladder a bit more

Squall Leonhart

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
So do you like the Yamaha A-S301 and it’s CD player then what do you think of them both ? Or are thinking about going up the Yamaha ladder a bit more

I prefer the sound of the A-S301 and CD-S300 to the Denon 720ae amp and CD I had. Not that the Denon was bad but I prefer the balance they have with my Opticon 1 then I did the Denon pair. Despite being one of the lower powered Yamaha amps it still drives the Opticon 1's very well. If I choose to upgrade I would like to get the A-S701 if it goes on sale for a good price.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Squall Leonhart said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I prefer the sound of the A-S301 and CD-S300 to the Denon 720ae amp and CD I had. Not that the Denon was bad but I prefer the balance they have with my Opticon 1 then I did the Denon pair. Despite being one of the lower powered Yamaha amps it still drives the Opticon 1's very well. If I choose to upgrade I would like to get the A-S701 if it goes on sale for a good price.
yep great choice

i have the opticon 8s and really work well with Yamaha the opticon range is very good

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I am very curious about the Music Cast offerings from Yamaha. I have never heard them but, if all is to be believed, they make a pretty compelling case for great multi-room. Am very tempted to get hold of one of the pre-amps and some active desktop speakers.

insider9

Paulq said:
I am very curious about the Music Cast offerings from Yamaha.  I have never heard them but, if all is to be believed, they make a pretty compelling case for great multi-room. Am very tempted to get hold of one of the pre-amps and some active desktop speakers.
No need really in that scenario. I can't remember the model but there is a pair of active Musicast speakers circa £500. Why don't you have a look at these?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
insider9 said:
Paulq said:
I am very curious about the Music Cast offerings from Yamaha. I have never heard them but, if all is to be believed, they make a pretty compelling case for great multi-room. Am very tempted to get hold of one of the pre-amps and some active desktop speakers.
No need really in that scenario. I can't remember the model but there is a pair of active Musicast speakers circa £500. Why don't you have a look at these?

Of course, you are correct for a desktop system - I'll have a look at their active speakers.

If I wanted a Yamaha based, networked, streaming system in a different room (streamer, amp, speakers etc and 2 channel) with Music Cast functionality, which bits of their kit would people recommend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts