Announcement Welcome to the What Hi-Fi? forum. Introduce yourself!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Titntin64

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Top 3 for me is so fickle.. it will change according to what mood I'm in!

But recordings I would not be without include:

1: Home and Away - Clive Gregson and Christine Collister
A real 'you are there recording' done on 4 track home equipment at pub venues in London. Superlative accoustic guitar playing with the sweetest soulful female vocals. Pure magic and a hi-fi showpiece.

2: Kraan Live (1975) - Kraan
Kraut rock at its finest and craziest, and another excellent live recording. Helmut Hattler is one of the finest bass players and this early live album shows why!

3: Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
I really 'get' jazz, and this is simply one of the finest recordings ever made, nuff said!

Glad the forums are back!

Reactions: EvShrug

lusoaudiophile

Apr 20, 2022
Visit site
Hello all. Just joined the forum today. So I love listen to music since I remember existing, and now, I want to give a new-life to my old Pioneer Stereo.
The albuns that I would take to a desert island:

- Achtung Baby - U2
- Nevermind - Nirvana
- Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Reactions: Newby

Gobo

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I am José Enrique, from Valencia, Spain.

My selection:

1. Disintigration. The Cure
2. Then. Pearl Jam
3. El mal querer. Rosalía

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Buongiorno a tutti
Sono Francesco di Milano
mi sono appena iscritto al sito e come mi è stato suggerito mi presento.
Non voglio andare fuori tema.
Sono ormai in pensione da 2 anni e da allora ho iniziato ad ascoltare il mio impianto hi-fi, ormai un po' datato e niente di speciale.
Thorens TD105 giradischi
Maranz CD 50 lettore CD
Teac V5000 registratore a cassette
Nad 3100 amplificatore
Advent Altoparlanti.
E mi è venuta voglia di lavorarci per iniziare a migliorarlo.
Quindi, dopo una breve ricerca, ho deciso di prendere il Naim Nait XS3 al posto dell'amplificatore.
Non riuscivo ad ascoltarlo bene perché subito dopo sono partito per le vacanze e nel frattempo continuavo ad interessarmi alle novità e alle nuove recensioni sui siti hifi.
Così mi sono imbattuto in una recensione del nuovo amplificatore Rega Elicit mk5, dove se ne parla molto bene e rispetto al Naim Xs3 è giudicato migliore.
Puoi darmi maggiori informazioni e cosa ne pensi quando confronti questi due amplificatori.
Grazie

Buongiorno a tutti
Sono Francesco di Milano
mi sono appena iscritto al sito e come mi è stato suggerito mi presento.
Non voglio andare fuori tema.
Sono ormai in pensione da 2 anni e da allora ho iniziato ad ascoltare il mio impianto hi-fi, ormai un po' datato e niente di speciale.
Thorens TD105 giradischi
Maranz CD 50 lettore CD
Teac V5000 registratore a cassette
Nad 3100 amplificatore
Advent Altoparlanti.
E mi è venuta voglia di lavorarci per iniziare a migliorarlo.
Quindi, dopo una breve ricerca, ho deciso di prendere il Naim Nait XS3 al posto dell'amplificatore.
Non riuscivo ad ascoltarlo bene perché subito dopo sono partito per le vacanze e nel frattempo continuavo ad interessarmi alle novità e alle nuove recensioni sui siti hifi.
Così mi sono imbattuto in una recensione del nuovo amplificatore Rega Elicit mk5, dove se ne parla molto bene e rispetto al Naim Xs3 è giudicato migliore.
Puoi darmi maggiori informazioni e cosa ne pensi quando confronti questi due amplificatori.
Grazie
The forum's lingua franca is English, so you might want to translate that if you are hoping for any replies!

Thanks.

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
The forum's lingua franca is English, so you might want to translate that if you are hoping for any replies!

Thanks.

Good morning everyone
I'm Francesco from Milan
I have just signed up to the site and as it has been suggested to me I introduce myself.
I don't want to go off topic.
I have now been retired for 2 years and since then I have started listening to my hi-fi system, now a bit dated and nothing special.
Thorens TD105 turntable
Maranz CD 50 CD player
Teac V5000 cassette deck
Nad 3100 amplifier
Advent Loudspeaker speakers.
And I felt like working on it to start improving it.
So after a short research I decided to take the Naim Nait XS3 instead of the amp.
I couldn't listen to it well because I left for vacation right after that and in the meantime I continued to be interested in news and new reviews on hifi sites.
So I came across a review of the new Rega Elicit mk5 amplifier, where it is talked about very well and when compared to the Naim Xs3 it is judged better.
Can you give me more information and what you think when comparing these two amps.
Thank you

Reactions: 12th Monkey
Good morning everyone
I'm Francesco from Milan
I have just signed up to the site and as it has been suggested to me I introduce myself.
I don't want to go off topic.
I have now been retired for 2 years and since then I have started listening to my hi-fi system, now a bit dated and nothing special.
Thorens TD105 turntable
Maranz CD 50 CD player
Teac V5000 cassette deck
Nad 3100 amplifier
Advent Loudspeaker speakers.
And I felt like working on it to start improving it.
So after a short research I decided to take the Naim Nait XS3 instead of the amp.
I couldn't listen to it well because I left for vacation right after that and in the meantime I continued to be interested in news and new reviews on hifi sites.
So I came across a review of the new Rega Elicit mk5 amplifier, where it is talked about very well and when compared to the Naim Xs3 it is judged better.
Can you give me more information and what you think when comparing these two amps.
Thank you
Hi Francesco. Welcome to the forum.

I'd copy and paste your post in the main hifi forum - I think you'll get more response there. I'd move this post for you myself if the facility were available, but alas it isn't.

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site
Ciao Francesco. Benvenuto nel forum.

Copierei e incollerei il tuo post nel forum principale dell'hifi - penso che riceverai più risposte lì. Sposterei personalmente questo post per te se la struttura fosse disponibile, ma purtroppo non lo è.
[/CITAZIONE]

Va bene.
Dammi delle indicazioni più precise, sono nuovo nel sito, così faccio prima e imparo.
Grazie
Ciao

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site

I'd copy and paste your post in the main hifi forum - I think you'll get more response there. I'd move this post for you myself if the facility were available, but alas it isn't.

All right.
Give me more precise information, I'm new to the site, so I'll do it first and learn.
Thank you
Hello

FraD

Jun 30, 2022
Visit site

All right.
Give me more precise information, I'm new to the site, so I'll do it first and learn.
Thank you
Hello

HiFi_Beginner

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,
New to the site, so I figured I'd introduce myself via this thread.
I'm Joseph and I'm based in Australia. G'day!
I'm new to HiFi. I got my first set-up during the first COVID wave - I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Looking forward to learning more from knowledgable people on these forums.

I guess I'll include my top desert island discs. They would be:
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend
R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Reactions: Newby

Supermies

Aug 5, 2022
Visit site
A collective hello from a new member! 👋

Three desert island discs:
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Slipknot - Slipknot

kateb

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
too hard to choose , it changes every day. Since i am retired i have several play list to play every day of the week

at the moment
LIve
NIna Simone
JOe Cocker

JFS737

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
old enough to be listening to mostly rock and blues for 4 or 5 decades. Been streaming since Squeezebox, and a recent upgrade to my speakers has me re-engaged. Now wondering what's next... here a list, but it may change weekly!
1. Bush Sixteen Stone
2. Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet
3. Joe Bonomassa Blues of Desperation

DeckardWill

Jun 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just a very short introduction and top 3 from the past 12 months (lifetime is too difficult):

1. Bless The Weather - John Martyn
2. Maggot Brain - Funkadelic
3. Heart Food - Judee Sill

Newby

Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone. As my username suggests I am a bit of a rookie. I’ve only very recently started collecting vinyl. A friend of mine is currently lending me his old Ion Max LP deck with built in speakers to help me get started. Would like some advice with regards to a good amp and speakers to start with. Planning on returning the Ion deck when I have acquired them and then getting my own deck which would go well with whatever amp and speakers I go for. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

My 3 desert island discs are:

Are You Experienced? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
Born And Raised - John Mayer

Hello everyone. As my username suggests I am a bit of a rookie. I’ve only very recently started collecting vinyl. A friend of mine is currently lending me his old Ion Max LP deck with built in speakers to help me get started. Would like some advice with regards to a good amp and speakers to start with. Planning on returning the Ion deck when I have acquired them and then getting my own deck which would go well with whatever amp and speakers I go for. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

My 3 desert island discs are:

Are You Experienced? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Wasting Light - Foo Fighters
Born And Raised - John Mayer
Probably best to ask any questions in the main hifi forum, and give some detail like budget, room size etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts