Announcement Welcome to the What Hi-Fi? forum. Introduce yourself!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

Most of us are prats here so you're in good company :)

ScraUser

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, here I am to give a quite impossible list among classical, rock, pop, jazz, blues, world....

The menu of the day is....

Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Violin concerto Op.61 - Beethoven
Selling England by the Pound - Genesis

Enjoy your meal!

mfurst

May 25, 2021
Visit site
Joining to better understand H-Fi as I am relatively new into vinyl buying. I currently have a new Rega P3 with Schiit Mani phono amp, into a Onkyo NR838, and Polk RTi12 speakers. I would have gone with an integrated amp for better sound quality, but needed to accommodate a home theater from the same system. My vinyl collection has expanded at an alarming rate over the last 2 years and is at about 400. If I had to pick 3 of them I would currently say:
1. Pink Floyd - Meddle
2. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
3. Joni Mitchell - Blue

Last edited:
Reactions: EvShrug

tonybee

Jan 15, 2021
Visit site
My LP12, Ittok (Cadenza Bronze) trace their roots back to the mid 80's, amps are Meridian G65 and 558, CD is Meridian G98, speakers are Dali and REL.

As I am currently running a Lockdown Lunacy playlist I will list the last three days, up to well over 400 great tunes so far, this has ben a worthy exercise for peace of mind.

Violent Femmes – Blister In The Sun
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRYNviFagcg

Stevie Winwood - Nobody knows you when you're down and out
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwqsmNR_Q1M

Christine Collister – Skin and Bones
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbuWN-LL_t0

Tomorrow's another day

Moses

May 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi
New to the forum with lots to ask.
On the three albums question I'll go with

1. Station To Station - David Bowie
2. Grotesque (After The Gramme) - The Fall
3. Music Has The Right To Children - Boards of Canada

roksan65

Jun 8, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys, Ramesh here from Malaysia. Just wanted to join this forum to get views and advice on all matters related to music and sound reproduction. My top 3 changes weekly but for now let's go with:
1. Roxy Music - Avalon
2. Dire Straits - Making Movies
3. Human League - Dare

Cheers guys, and stay safe!

kupepemac

Jun 8, 2021
Visit site
Hello people :) Nice to be here!
About me: Mac addict, Music lover (mainly Rock, Metal ++ or Soundtrack [I mean Score Music like Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Nick Glennie Smith, Harry Gregson Williams etc) and what else... hmm I'm a bit busy these days but that's another story :)

Ameetc

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Ameet here hi guys
1. Nirvana never mind
2. Die zauberflote - Neville mariner and at Martin in the fields orchestra
3. Marvin Gaye what’s going on

Brian G

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
New to the community. Interests are HiFi (on a budget and vintage equipment).
Albums:
1. Brothers in Arms, Dire Straits
2. Glenn Gould, Goldberg Variations
3. Combat Rock, The Clash

cabomusico

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi music lovers...I´m new in the community for a couple of days :cool:
Regarding 3 albums and because this is a complicated thing, I´ll choose my first LP, my first CD and the first album of one of my favorite bands ever...
1. Missing Persons - "Spring Session M"
2. New Order - "Low Life"
3. Cocteau Twins - "Garlands"

Enjoy :giggle:(y)🎼🎹🎸

waynebaal

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
View attachment 4

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch (or should we say relaunch) of the What Hi-Fi? .Com forums. We’re so excited to have this forum up and running and to be seeing visitors old and new back here, the home of What Hi-Fi? discussion! For those returning, all your old discussions are right where you left them, frozen in time, all you need to do is reset your password and you’re good to go. For our new members, welcome to the home of Hi-FI Talk!

Here's a rundown on the stuff we have planned for launch week!

🎵Your Hi-fi, Your Music!

We’re looking for contributors for the Ultimate Audiophile playlist! Post a song in our suggestion thread, and we may feature you in the playlist and on our website.

🎧What Hi-Fi? Launch Competition!

We'll have a competition thread open later in the week where you'll get a chance to win something awesome!

🎤Introduce yourself here!

Let us know more about you in this thread, and tell us your top 3 Desert Island disks. Mine are:

1. Supertramp The Best Of
  2. ELO The Best Of
  3. Baker Gurvits Army - The German Sessions

Yup, 70's prog rock, how cliche. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

The Future Community Team
Hi

waynebaal

Aug 15, 2021
Visit site
View attachment 4

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch (or should we say relaunch) of the What Hi-Fi? .Com forums. We’re so excited to have this forum up and running and to be seeing visitors old and new back here, the home of What Hi-Fi? discussion! For those returning, all your old discussions are right where you left them, frozen in time, all you need to do is reset your password and you’re good to go. For our new members, welcome to the home of Hi-FI Talk!

Here's a rundown on the stuff we have planned for launch week!

🎵Your Hi-fi, Your Music!

We’re looking for contributors for the Ultimate Audiophile playlist! Post a song in our suggestion thread, and we may feature you in the playlist and on our website.

🎧What Hi-Fi? Launch Competition!

We'll have a competition thread open later in the week where you'll get a chance to win something awesome!

Let us know more about you in this thread, and tell us your top 3 Desert Island disks. Mine are:

1. Supertramp The Best Of
  2. ELO The Best Of
  3. Baker Gurvits Army - The German Sessions

Yup, 70's prog rock, how cliche. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

The Future Community Team
1: Rumours Fleetwood Mac
2: Bat out of Hell Meatloaf
3: Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield

Toraneko

Sep 11, 2021
Visit site
G'day fellow AV enthusiasts,
I've been a What HiFi mag follower for many years, thought it was time to join the party here.
Music favourites is a really tough one. Like MMohammed I like ELO as well but off the top of my head my desert Island three will be..

1. Judas Priest - British Steel
2. Jeff Wayne's - War Of The Worlds
3. Disturbed - Indestructible

cheers!:cool:

Last edited:

FILTHpig

Nov 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi, new commenter, long time reader...

Top three at the moment is varied and subject to change:
1. Lloyd Miller & The Heliocentrics (OST)
2. Tones on Tail Pop
3. Front 242 Endless Riddance EP

Brian G

Jul 22, 2021
Visit site
A late introduction, but greetings all the same! I'm a very amateur HiFi enthusiast from Canada, as well as an ex soldier and long before that a teenager that used to dabble as a concert audio tech. Top 3:
1. Gary Moore Old New Ballads.
2. Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.
3. J.M. Jarre Welcome to the Other Side

Youngsoulrebel

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
Long time music lover looking to level up to a novice audiophile. Top 3 is impossible but on a whim right now I've gone for;

Nick Drake - Pink Moon
ATCQ - The Low End Theory
Pixies - Doolittle

Retrosi

Dec 25, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I am in to old (for me) 70's decade I was 5 in 1970.
Anyhooooo,,
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
Led Zeplin IV
Meat Loaf, Bat out of Hell
I love music and good movies especially those with a decent sound track.
Hence I have a half decent set up.
Yamaha RX-a6a
Whafedale evo 4.3 front and then Diamond 9.1 inc the 9CS giving me 7.1 the one being a REL Quake Mosfet subwoofer.
I will get some other speakers to make it a 9.2 but I'm in no hurry.
I have a Project turn table for my vinyl all originals I haven't bought any new vinyl since 1980 something.
I am still learning the Yamaha RX-a6a it at this moment seems over simplified in its direct control meaning you need to use/learn to use its remote.

MrNatural

Jan 31, 2022
Visit site
New to the community and just beginning to feel my way around.

Naturally, my top three list varies as the days/weeks go by. Right now, I'd have to say:

1. Miles Davis: Blue Moods
2. Sonny Rollins: Colossus
3. Keith Jarrett: The Koln Concert

Cheers!

Reactions: chichaz

axman2

Mar 1, 2022
Visit site
Not so new, left the community many years ago and now have to re-register as the old email doesn't work anymore. Back here as I am rebuilding my home theater.

But on my hi-fi this week I am rediscovering
Donald Fagen: The Nightfly

Reactions: EvShrug

EvShrug

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site

Let us know more about you in this thread, and tell us your top 3 Desert Island disks.

Hey 👋 I’m EvShrug, former reviewer and now Community Manager for grell audio.

“Funeral” by Arcade Fire has already stood the test of time for me, and recalls memories of highschool and coping with emotional events (like… being shipwrecked alone on an island).

“Whole Love” by Wilco is a complex and multilayered album that both reveals new things on repeated listens and makes me feel good with each listen.

The last album is always hardest to pick because it means excluding many time options, and I’d love to use it as an excuse to highlight some obscure videogame or lesser known artist, or an album that is really well mastered and an important step along my Audiophile journey… but really, as a last Deserted Island pick, I would have to go with the Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back soundtrack. Not only am I a huge fan of the movie and mythos of the story, but the album is in turns exciting, sweet, tense, and antagonistic. If you haven’t thought about listening to it on a HiFi setup, do yourself a favor! I also think I could listen to this again and again…

Rock0324

Mar 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking forward to adding.

To start, my3 would be
1. The Who, Tommy
2. The Beatles White Album
3. Derek and the Dominos Layla or maybe Derek and the Dominos Live at The Filmore

Also, I' having trouble with my new Marantz nr1200, should I return it and get a Denon???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts