Announcement 

Welcome to the What Hi-Fi? forum. Introduce yourself!

What_hifi_community 1320 x 222 smaller left.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to the launch (or should we say relaunch) of the What Hi-Fi? .Com forums. We’re so excited to have this forum up and running and to be seeing visitors old and new back here, the home of What Hi-Fi? discussion! For those returning, all your old discussions are right where you left them, frozen in time, all you need to do is reset your password and you’re good to go. For our new members, welcome to the home of Hi-FI Talk!

Here's a rundown on the stuff we have planned for launch week!

🎵Your Hi-fi, Your Music!

We’re looking for contributors for the Ultimate Audiophile playlist! Post a song in our suggestion thread, and we may feature you in the playlist and on our website.

🎧What Hi-Fi? Launch Competition!

We'll have a competition thread open later in the week where you'll get a chance to win something awesome!

🎤Introduce yourself here!

Let us know more about you in this thread, and tell us your top 3 Desert Island disks. Mine are:

1. Supertramp The Best Of
  2. ELO The Best Of
  3. Baker Gurvits Army - The German Sessions

Yup, 70's prog rock, how cliche. ;)

Looking forward to hearing from you,

The Future Community Team

Attachments

• 1572268594290.png
    1572268594290.png
    68 bytes · Views: 14
  • WHF_logo.png
    WHF_logo.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Mknott

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Having a "Best of..." album seems like cheating.

1. Jomsviking - Amon Amarth. If I'm stuck on an island I want to listen to music that's gonna have me working the oars to some kind of hand-crafted longship.
  2. Runaljod Yggdrasil - Wardruna. I'm gonna need some solid, inspirational crafting music to make that boat.
  3. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails. I'm gonna suck at making that boat, so I'll need something emotive and powerful for long evenings of sorrow.

lcarlson

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Seriously, if I am going to find myself on a desert island, I'm going to make darn sure that I've got more than three albums on my tiny waterproof device, hehe.

The first three of my huge and ever evolving/rotating list:

1. Moby - Everything is Wrong
2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
3. Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral

I love music... LOVE MUSIC... and my taste changes daily.

scene

I've been struggling on this - so much music! Boiling it down to three is so hard... Especially given the state of shock I'm in to be able to post anything on these forums in the first (second?) place...

But here goes:
1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
3. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin

Reactions: DKVinyl and sward

jsimenhoff

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Desert Island discs? Holy Toledo I hate this game. Too many choices! I'll give it the ol' Community Manager try.

522298.jpg

1. Horuomi Hosono - Pacific
If I'm on a desert island I may as well be relaxed and on brand.

coverArt.view

2. Capsule - World of Fantasy
I never tire of this album. Same producer behind Kyaru Pamyu Pamyu. Real uplifting, get ready to bang some coconuts desert island music.

R-8265897-1458322667-2182.jpeg.jpg

3. História Da Música Popular Brasileira - 1 To 12
This pick might be cheating, but will have me well covered with music for quite a while. This box set charts the history of popular Brazilian music throughout the 20th century.

Last edited:
Reactions: sward

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts